The thing I'm so elated about is that I successfully, (after trying, then going back to read Karen's post, and trying some more) managed to make a collage for my header.
Now there's no place I can go to escape from my cats. Today while I was coming in from the garden Tony escaped outside. When we got him from the animal shelter I nearly had to sign my name in blood that this would always be an inside cat. He and Bella are almost always inside.
Today he outsmarted himself because first he met the little dog from across the alley, and then the neighbors all started mowing their lawns. He went into sensory overload and hid under the deck. I heard the mailman telling him that he couldn't let him in, and then pitiful meowing, so I rescued him.
My garden seems to be thriving. Except for the beets which got trampled today while I was weeding. I have planted cucumbers, peas, green beans, set onions, tomatoes and peppers. I also have a rash of volunteer tomato plants from the jungle of tomatoes we had last summer. Some will stay just to satisfy my curiosity.
I finished reading two books today. The first was a Kathy Reichs tale of grisly forensic pathology called Fatal Voyage. And the second is a heartwarming account called Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent.
I have read 48 books this year so far and I have six books on my best reads list. It is hard to make my best reads list----but I really enjoyed Heaven is for Real. I'd happily recommend it to anyone. It won't take you long to read it. It still doesn't make the cut.
I have a late news flash for "calorie counters". This morning when I figured out the Weight Watcher points in a ginormous muffin it was ten points. I am allowed to eat twenty-nine points a day. (Not to mention, when would I eat a muffin without any butter?) Is it any wonder that Americans are overweight?
That reminds me of something funny written by Mary Ellen Pinkham, the tip lady. She wrote a fine book about weight losing years ago, and she said when she found out the calorie count in one tablespoon of bleu cheese dressing she was appalled. She thought she should find some way to go on the radio and warn the world. She also said that one Halloween she wore blue sweats, and went to the party as the Pacific Ocean.
Here's an informal poll question: For sports fans-----which sport demands the greatest level of athleticism? Think it over and let me know.
Hope you can rest on Sunday. I plan to. Catch up on blog reading---and leaving comments.
I am so proud of you for getting this new header. I still want one for my blog but haven't had the time to try. Enjoy your day of rest! hugs, Linda
ReplyDeleteI'm going with Tennis. Next bicycle riding.
ReplyDeleteHow'd I do?
By Gum, I hope I got it right!
Oh, nice blog banner! HORRAY FOR ANNIE!
ReplyDeleteAnd cute kitties! They are lucky to have you as their 'person'!
Yea! Glad to see you got your kitties up on your header. Glad Tony didn't go very far and you were able to get him back inside. Gerard read "Heaven Is For Real" too and liked it. Here's the link to his review if interested: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/04/heaven-is-for-real-by-todd-burpo-with.html
ReplyDeleteOf course, hockey takes the most athleticism. Yea for the Bruins!
I LOVED "Heaven is For Real"
ReplyDeleteTodd Burpo and family are Wesleyans - - - I'm a third generation Wesleyan.
The Orville Butcher mentioned in the book is my first cousin once removed - - - well he WAS, he's in Heaven now himself.
The Steve and Rebecca Wilson were in Indiana before going to Greely and he was our senior pastor and Greg was the youth pastor.
Good to see your posting....Nice banner :)
ReplyDeleteGuess who took a nap Sunday afternoon!? Da Yooper had a nice phone visit with his son and grandkids. Our nephew stopped over this evening with family members.
We are going to Marquette in the morning so I won't be at knitting. I understand it will rain Monday and thought you might have cabin fever. If someone brings the pattern for a raglan sleeve infant sweater, would you please ask for a copy for me? Thanks. I had forgotten the date of our Marquette appointment. I'll say hello to Lake Superior for you:)
I like Kathy Reichs too. Now I'll have to tlook for the other one. I'm on book 41. I'm a little behind where I was last year.
ReplyDeleteLove the header, by the way. I've been wanting to do that too, but haven't figured it out yet.
Triathlon, of course! (Only a slightly self-serving vote, there)
ReplyDeleteSince I'm going backwards from most current blog post to older, it's now that I understand the Sports question :)
ReplyDeleteSince I live in a condo with interior hallways, my cat gets out into the hall every so often. She's even made it all the way to the elevator, but has never gotten in...yet.
I don't read nearly as many books as I should.
I'm so glad you learned how to make a banner. You inspired me to figure out how to put one on my page! Thanks :)
ReplyDelete