It is ironic that when you have the most to write about is the time you have the least time to write.
Our family reunion is this weekend, and I spent some time making a banner, since the print shop wanted $95 to make a six foot banner---and I'm way too cheap to drop that kind of change on them! (The F is backwards on purpose. It's not a Michigan thing.)
I also spent yesterday baking bread that we, who knew my grandmother, remember so fondly. I hope it's as good as hers!
Then, when I wasn't doing that I knit a couple more inches on the prayer shawl in the picture. And read a couple stories from a collection by Annie Proulx, the author of Shipping News, and Brokeback Mountain. These stories are about Wyoming; the Wyoming of the past. Many people had some rough going out there while it was getting settled!
In the midst of the reunion weekend we begin our week of "vacation" at the lake. Brotherbob and his family started this tradition about 10 years ago when they decided to run in the Run Your Bass Off race in Crystal Falls, which morphed into renting cabins. A few years later our sons joined us and we rented more cabins and all had a week together as a family.
This year we've dwindled down to GoodGuy, Brotherbob and us wives. We will have some vistitors at times, but mostly we'll read and talk----and probably eat, if the past is any clue. We'll be back and forth from home because there's still golf to be played, and the garden to be weeded, and meetings to attend. It's hard to take a vacation from being retired, you know.
So I may not be around much next week, but God willing, I will return refreshed and full of interesting news! (Wouldn't that be novel!)
Revel in Summertime while I'm gone.
What wonderful fun you have to look forward to. I know it's a lot of work, but so rewarding. Emjoy every minute.
ReplyDeleteOh my - - - I got SOOOOOO far behind in my blog hopping this week. LOVE your banner, and someday I want to know WHY the F is backwards.
ReplyDeleteVery fun.
Very sensible to make your own banner rather than spend $95 for one! All staying in cabins sounds like fun. Glad you are enjoying your summer--so are we! Had a great week of ministry at Focus Sports Camp at church and today is our relaxing day--off to the Senior Safari day at the Cleveland Zoo!
ReplyDeleteIt's nice that you can take a vacation and still be close to home to take care of things. I'm going to wonder about that F, too lol
ReplyDeleteHere's the beginning of a great summer for you!
Oh, Ann...Crystal Falls.....We lived there for a time years ago. Love the quaintness of the downtown area...Loved the Mackinac Island Fudge Ice Cream at the Ice Cream shop...Loved the logging trucks....the clock tower clanging the time....It is a much simpler way of life there....Hope you enjoy your time relaxing in the cabin....
ReplyDeleteSandy
Hey Ann,
ReplyDeleteI figured out how to post without anonymous....Imagine that...I practiced
on some blogs of people from Canada...
So, I will try it here....
Sandy
Get some photos too! Have fun.
ReplyDelete