Saturday, July 2, 2011

Enjoying the Peace and Quiet


For the very first time, Brotherbob, Lynn, GoodGuy and I had a whole week at the cottages alone. We do not prefer it that way, necessarily, but that's the way it is this year. None of the sons can get away from work at the usual week we have reserved, which has been the same week for years now. We have always had fun spending time with the next generation or two, but happy folk that we are, we had fun hanging out together visiting and reading too.

For once, Lynn really got to rest and read, and she'll go back to work feeling like she had time off, for once. I took three hour naps the first two days, in addition to a full night of sleep! It must be the effect of the fresh air.

The rest of us were vacationing from retirement, so the guys went golfing together two mornings, and GG had golf at his own club at home two days, too. We ladies went in search of Wi-Fi a number of times so we could check our e-mail, too.

One of the things that happens to me as a knitter, is that my friends and loved ones spot yarn bargains and they bring me the raw materials. I got a nice bag of real wool from Lynn which someone donated to the church yard sale and she bought them for me. Yesterday when it hit 90 degrees-----I was knitting on some mittens. (Winter is always coming, so far, anyway.)

There are changes happening at our cabin site, and we are thinking that this may be our last year there. We have many happy memories of our years of vacations spent together!

So I'm happy to be back in blog land. We have no cute grandkid pictures to share, or big fish, but we are home refreshed and pleased.

I will report on what we can send along to Doctors Without Borders tomorrow. I hope we did well.


4 comments:

  1. Nice header! (Looks kind of familiar) So glad you had a nice time just getting away. It's funny though how attached we have become to the internet though--I think women are more attached than men. Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing your comment total for Doctors Without Borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header! Noticed it right away! I sometimes think a quiet time away is very important as I age...I need it to recharge my batteries! So glad you had a good time. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo is beautiful, and I too love your new header! It fits the space at the top of your blog so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vacation naps. They seem to be some of the best naps ever. I took a nap nearly every day on my trip to Martha's Vineyard. Heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.