Friday, July 8, 2011

Fragments Galore

Hold everything and cover your head! It's the day for Friday Fragments hosted by Mrs. 4444.

Got weird little flitting thoughts buzzing through your head. They're a little bit interesting, but you don't have time to research them and write a real whang-doodle of an entry? Drop 'em here, and let the chips fall where they may. The ball is then in the reader's court.

You have been warned.

I have done one of my most dreaded household tasks this week. I washed the bay window curtains and the living room lace valances. The hardest part of the bay window curtains is the time spent defuzzing them before they hit the washer. (Three cats----enough said.)

(I really hate cleaning the oven more, but the less said about that the better.)

I also hate talking about politics and I only want to mention that it seems that the "next" election process begins ten minutes after an election has been held. It makes me feel old and cranky.

I just noticed that I still have snowmen on display in my living room. It will hit 80 today, and perhaps I can admit the season has changed.

Yesterday afternoon I thought we were running a wildlife refuge here on our town lot. Chipmunks have been in short supply and I was tickled to see one on the deck. That was followed by a bunny eating clover in the back yard, after which a doe sauntered through on her circuit of the neighborhood yards. I guess yards have more tasty fare than the fields nearby.

The upside of the weekend trip will be seeing people that I love so much, my son and his family, and my dear aunt and cousins; but the reason for the journey is to celebrate the life of my uncle. So it isn't all happiness for sure. I'm happy we all had him, but sad that we'll miss him so much.

The news reported that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were visiting Prince Edward Island. I wasn't thinking lucky PEI, I was thinking lucky Duke and Duchess. I think Prince Edward Island is a little bit of heaven right here on earth. We had a perfectly idyllic vacation there a few years ago. Great weather, lovely people, and lobster, lobster, lobster!

And last but not least, I wish the Duke and Duchess a wonderful and happy life together always. Now I'll see if my links can work, or if I screw it up again.

Have a great Friday!


12 comments:

  1. PEI is on our 'to-do' list one day. When we get the camper and head out to parts un-seen before.

    Love your eclectic mind....it jives with mine! Your post covers so much in one nice little package. Perhaps it's something I should give a try, since there isn't ONE thing to post about today. Just glueing and having a snack right now. Pretty dull so far!

    I know your weekend will be bitter-sweet, but your uncle would no doubt appreciated it and been the recipient of many good hugs.

    Here's one to YOU from me...(((hug)))

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann! Thanks for dropping by my little corner of the world today! I enjoyed your fragments! Your comment about never ending politics (argh!) reminded me of a photo my friend posted on Facebook yesterday. Hobby Lobby, a local craft store, has already put out all the Christmas displays! Way too soon if you ask me! But hey ... maybe you should just keep those snowmen out! Give them little umbrellas or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are right about politics starting the moment one election is done.
    Did you clean the snowmen?
    Weddings and funerals - yes the first is better than the second but both do bring families together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't they adorable, that duke and dutchess? thanks for stopping by my blog today, btw

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it's time to put away that snowman! Hope you enjoy visiting with your family though over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a safe bittersweet trip. I used to LOVE politics. Now they make me old and cranky too! My nick name is Doe, I love when they visit my yard:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a snowman on my kitchen windowsill, but one of the kids made it, so it gets Season Amnesty.

    BTW, I am loving your new header! It's perfect.

    Never been to PEI; I guess it's another one to add to the Bucket List :)

    Soooo pooped tonight--Teaching summer school kicked my butt this week! Thanks for linking up and for being such a wonderful FF ambassador :)

    Enjoy your time with family this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband's from Newfoundland. He was glued to the tv when the Duke and Duchess were there because he couldn't get enough of the backround scenery. He felt like he was a little closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry for the loss of your uncle.
    We live out in the country and see deer, rabbits, fox, wild turkeys, etc....we never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for your loss.

    Snowmen in July to celebrate all the Christmas in July sales??? I just got the boxes of my Christmas stuff up last month... it was put away, but I hadn't brought the boxes up to the attic yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PEI has been on my dream sheet since I was a little girl reading Anne!!!

    I spend many a summer in MN with my best friend, loved the fishing on the lakes!!! Thanks so much for stopping by friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought a snowman from a pottery place in PA the other day and I wondered as I unpacked it last night if I dared to just put it on the bookshelf now. If I don't, then I'll need to drive to my storage garage, find my Christmas boxes and put it away.

    We both know it's going on the bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.