At the end of the week there tend to be "floaty bits" that don't fit anywhere. They don't really merit a big write-up, but they nag at the edges of consciousness. Mrs 4444 has provided a platform for them here on Friday Fragments which she hosts at Halfpastkissintime.
If you find yourself with contributions that amuse, or amaze---or if they just need to be put down in black and white, join us and decompress.
My baseball team is tied for first place with the Twins in their division. Good Guy shakes his head about the relief pitching, but even at that we do have a share of first place. (There's a long, long way to go yet, so we enjoy this little good spot while we can.)
As I write this on Thursday evening, the NFL owners have agreed to the long awaited agreement. Now we'll wait to hear what the players think of it. We football fans don't want to do without a single bit of football season. (They are playing in Canada, you know.)
The Fuzzies have been unusually lethargic in the unusual heat this week. They pick a spot and collapse for hours and hours. Lucky kitties.
My friend, Carol, reported at lunch today on her child care days which she provided so her daughter could serve on a mission trip to Kenya. It's been a while since C. has dealt alone with three young children and she resorted to an earlier tactic which she employed when her own were growing up. Yelling. Lots of yelling. (You get older, and you think you've forgotten, but it's like riding a bike.)
I found some little scrappy squares and fashioned a center for a baby quilt this week. I am hoping I don't run out of steam before I make some clever borders for it. See picture and ignore shoes.
It is possible to suffer from cabin fever in the summer when confined to AC, just as when you are held indoors by blizzards and ice. Who knew?
The folks at Arrow Acres Farm have been showing us the pictures of their sweet baby alpacas for the past month or so. This week they welcomed a family baby, too. So sweet. Check on him here.
All my knitting on a sock was for naught. Today I decided it's definitely too small and I pulled out the needles and made a nice ball of yarn out of it. No sense wasting more time on a hopeless endeavor.
I think I've exhausted my supply of fragments. I'm missing some of my friends this week as they vacation and are keeping different schedules. They get to post, but not to read and comment. I'm happy they are having fun, but will like it when they get back home. (LOL, it's all about me.)
I love the quilt so far. Don't run out of steam, it is begging to be finished.
ReplyDeleteI concur with the Mami. Don't give up. A quilt, if one knows how to do it, should be done at least once in your lifetime. Beautiful.
ReplyDeletecute baby but I guess I read too quickly because I was expecting to see a baby alpaca. Then I thought oh Ann in the UP made that teddy bear. it's late I'm confused.
ReplyDeleteIs your team the White Sox?
ReplyDeleteEven I am happy for the A/C this week--very HOT! and HUMID!
My cats like the heat--when I have the air on (set at 81, not exactly cold) they still go upstairs where it's hot.
cabin fever totally exists, no matter what the weather or reason. i wish i could quilt!!!
ReplyDeleteoh football, get your acts together!!! you still make more than normal folks :-(
I love the Friday Fragments!
ReplyDeleteOh, I couldn't agree more....this summer variety of cabin fever stinks! I want to play outside!!
ReplyDeleteCute alpachas.....and that bear (and baby) are tooooo cute. All snuggled up together.
ReplyDeleteYour tidbits covered alot of territory today. I'm not a big sport fan, but can appreciate all of you out there who love your teams. I will watch a golf game now and then, tho. yawn....
The kitties have the right idea. Nap when it's hot. Try not to move. We should all be so smart, huh?
Sorry the sock thing didnt' work out. Myself, I'm not a big knitter of complicated things, but I DO have alot of wound up balls of yarn that WERE going to be 'something'. I have a nice collection, actually. Your kitties would like 'em!
It's cool. I need to hit the gym or I won't do it later (I know me).
Hugs
Jan
I love how your quilt is looking so far! I guess if you're stuck inside from the heat it's a good excuse to keep going on it, right?
ReplyDeleteLike riding a bike, huh? You're such a cut-up. :)
ReplyDeleteFor the record, I did ignore the shoes, until you told me to. (Such a rebel, I know!) So, yeah; nice shoes. :)
Every now and then, I wish we had cats again. Then I notice the barf stains on the rug and think better of it...for a while...
It is all about you!! and it's all about me as I'm sure you are talking about me (and Keetha) I've missed you terribly. My internet connection has been spotty enough that getting my own posts up was a study in patience.
ReplyDeleteOh, I thought I was going to see a baby alpaca and instead it was a baby Chase! What a sweetheart.
So glad you didn't run out of steam as I'm going backwards through your blog, I do know you got that quilt top done!