Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Make New Friends, Keep the Old

I can't tell you how much blogging friends mean to me! Really, I mean it.

What a week! I won't name names here to protect the innocent but generous people who did these kind deeds for me, but one talented person sent me a beautifully crafted bookmark. (And what do I need more than a sturdy, beautiful bookmark?) As a confirmed bookworm, I really appreciated that.

Today I got a box of delicious sweets as a thank you. GoodGuy and I had a wonderful dessert tonight. Nice work, baking lady.

More personally, as far as getting to know a person is concerned, Tessie Tracfone and I spent some time overcoming our mutual concern that our Tracfone minutes would accumulate to weeks of time we hadn't used. Her husband asked her if she would have to call someone in Australia to use the hours of time she'd paid for.

What fun we had, and how much we have in common!

After several weeks of being AWOL from my quilting gang, it was great fun to spend some time with them today. The productive ones were working hard, and Kay and I knit again. It isn't too imaginative to be knitting mittens in July, and for those of you who live in sweltering heat, you can't even imagine needing them. We have about six months of the year when wearing them is a distinct possibility, if not a necessity. (Plus, they get lost. Or one of them gets lost.) Kay is making another pair of beautiful socks.

Thank you friends, whether you are near enough to hug in person----and those of you far away. You enrich my life in so many ways. Take care if you are traveling, and we love you whether you have time to blog while you're redecorating, or having a baby, or on the road.

Wordless Wednesday----you knew that had to be too good to be true, right?

6 comments:

  1. Blogland is just awesome.

    (I'm so glad I "booted" you until you decided to join us!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have made such great friends blogging. It's a wonderful creative, friendly and supportive world. Hugs back to you Ann!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What caring and SWEET friends you have.

    I feel the same way. It is a true delight to find a new friend with so much in common, who makes you laugh, and whom you are comfortable with from the get-go. A true-blue kind of friend.

    How lucky we are.

    Quilting photos please! I'd love to see what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got chocolates today today from a blogging buddy! I think it's probably the same one from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so good to have you join us at Giggles - my term for the quilting group :) I am truly blessed that we have "found" one another after our various life changes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I say that blogging saved my life, but in all actuality it is probably very true. When we closed our coffeehouse I had such a hard time. I felt that I lost all of my friends. Blogging (years later) has brought me a host of new friends and ones that enrich so many parts of my life.

    I've had such a wonderful time on my road trip, but not being in touch with my online friends for so many weeks has been painful! I missed you.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.