Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oh the Places You'll Go!

Good Guy suggested that we go on a picnic this weekend, which sounded grand until we looked at the forecast. We'll need a long extension cord to bring all our cooling devices out to a picnic venue. Maybe we'd swim. Who knows.

But to get out of the house, without actually leaving air conditioned comfort, I've been catching up on mail and blog reading.

Manny Wilke is having surgery in California. He has had one ear rebuilt and is having surgery on the other one. (He's on a prayer chain, and thanks to the internet we get wonderful updates from his mom about their travels, and how they cope with all this.) Check him out----he's a doll.

In her traveling this summer, Kristin found Chicken Lady. She's been gone for awhile, but not forgotten. She was able to channel her oddness into "support" for her lifestyle. The American way in action. LOL. You need to see that, too.

My daughter is moving from an apartment into a little house this weekend. She sounds like she's having fun sorting and pitching and is happy to move into a smaller place with fewer belongings. For sure, she's happy to be done with apartment dwelling again.

Which reminds me of the ongoing gag in "Mad About You", when Paul used to wait until he could hear that his neighbors were in the shower, and he'd go and flush the toilet. It's been a long, long time since I've had to share space that closely. (Thank goodness!)

We were happy to get some rain last evening. It had been hot when the rain and wind moved through, and we were happy to have the temperature drop twenty degrees in twenty minutes. Sweet relief!

The photographer has been camping with the grandsons on the shore of Lake Superior all week. I hope they've been having a jolly time. I know he took some awesome pictures, because he posted a sunset photograph on Facebook. I know it's a big tease to tell you and not show you. (Sorry about that.) I'm hoping he's got some great ones to share with me when he comes back. Hold that thought.

Have a happy Sunday, wherever you may be!

7 comments:

  1. You have a lot of things going in your life. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice cool-down came to your casa. How lovely....

    I have a 'visual' of you lugging cables for the A/C units on your picnic. Too funny, but WAY clever.

    Happy Sunday to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wouldn't want to have to move in this HOT HOT heat. Even my dog is too hot and tired to bother eating her chew treat I gave her. She had a 2 and 1/2 hr. walk this morning in addition to the 1 hr. walk she took at 6:15 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Chicken Lady was a hoot. I loved spotting stories about here all around the Vineyard. Thanks for linking to me :)

    How fun to move from a apt to a house. I remember that day for me. It was so cool.

    I love it when the rain cools the air. It's such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When our kids were little I could actually sing duets with the guy in the shower in the next apartment!

    True story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mom! First time I've visited your blog! :) The POD guy was supposed to deliver my stuff to the new place today. He needs to get the truck (and my stuff) up a 15% grade to my house. He was talking to me on his way over and last I heard was that his truck wasn't good at going up hill and then the call got cut off....guess we'll see if he made it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camping at Lake Superior would be awesome! Can't wait to see the pics.

    Love the "Your Youngest" comment.

    Here's hoping the cool lasts!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.