Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blessings Galore


Here we are, safely home from our travels to mid-Wisconsin where we had a fine time, indeed.

My first blessing is my husband, whose was willing to fit my excursion into his golfing plans. (He doesn't expect me to give him credit, nor does he read my blog; or he doesn't admit it.)

Maybe the most generous blessing was having Brotherbob share his two days of golf and lodging with Good Guy! This package was a gift from his wife for his birthday.

And for me, my excursion to visit with Keetha of The Eclectic Company was the blessing that affected me the most. I intruded on her life during two very busy days for her, but she graciously fitted me into her schedule.

We did some laughing, some serious talking, some exploring---she found me a great yarn shop. I'd head straight back there if I ever won the lottery. Since I don't buy tickets it's highly unlikely, but I could spend lots of money in that shop! And she also took me to the cheese factory.

I also discovered that we were within spitting distance of Pittsville, Wisconsin, a mecca for knitters who revere Elizabeth Zimmerman and Meg Swanson.

I went away from the cheese shop with fresh cheese curds, and smoked string cheese, and whips. (I'm including that just to torment my grandson, who'll be envious.) Florida isn't the dairy state.

Speaking of cheese, Good Guy and I made a side trip to Bob's House of Bleu Cheese, thinking it would be a source for amazing stuff. He doesn't stock much anymore, due to the fact that it doesn't get bought, and he ends up throwing it out. Later GG laughed and wondered how you can tell bleu cheese is spoiled---but that's a discussion for another day.

So, thanks and a hug to all our earthly benefactors. Live long and prosper, and praise the Lord. Not necessarily in that order.

5 comments:

  1. Pittsville, WI - home of Meg Swansen and the twelve page instruction booklet on the baby, child, and adult surprise sweater. I am using the booklet while knitting the trial sweater out of the repurposed yarn. This week, I rec'd my own (pre-loved) copy of EZ's Knitting Almanac. Naturally, my nose has been in the book.

    Yesterday, I rec'd another preloved book. This one is Lincoln's Sanctuary by Matthew Pinsker. It will be hard to put this book down. I have already warned the hubby about this situation.

    It's nice to see you adding to the blog. Welcome home and hope to touch bases in person this Wednesday at my place. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised that guy doesn't sell much bleu cheese, I'd never eat it! Glad you had such a nice time though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings indeed. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time (as did GoodGuy) and that you are home safe and sound. And getting to meet Keetha was a great blessing, it seems. And Yarn!

    Many hugs in friendship......

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I'd have realized you wanted an excursion to Pittsville, we'd have MADE one - - - I'm sure we could have squeezed it in SOMEWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here it is!! The post I've been waiting for - the one where Annie and Keetha have a day! It makes me so happy to know that the two of you were together and having a grand time.

    So, the house of Bleu Cheese doesn't have Bleu Cheese? It's too bad that he doesn't get enough business to stock a bunch of cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.