Golly Whiz, how can it be Friday again! Every Friday Mrs 4444 hosts a mental health break where we gather our fragments together and share/swap/dump.
Hi to you if you're visiting me from Friday Fragments, and if you aren't-----go there to see for yourself!
1. My new header is a photo taken at the marvelous zoo in Omaha. When I tell folks we've been in Omaha, some respond with, "Oh, Wild Kingdom?" There's a little bit of wild kingdom.
2. While I am rejoicing in the leafing out and blossoming of the crabapple trees, etc., others are suffering because of the pollen and mold counts in the air. My sympathies to you all. (Some of my nearest and dearest suffer from allergy symptoms.)
3. My sister returned from her winter travels this week. Hooray! She's been sounding very eager to get back home again and see the Michigan kids and grandkids, and her good neighbors and many friends.
4. I have been catching up on reading that somehow got overlooked during my childhood and the growing up years of my own kids. I read The Secret Garden and am working on The Phantom Tollbooth. I hope I got that right-----somehow reading from my Nook doesn't leave the same impression on my memory that holding a regular book does. What's up with that?
5. We have a daily visitor to our yard. He (the default gender) is a well nourished grey and white cat who sits on my deck in the sun, driving my indoor cats berserk. I don't think he's a stray. He's very handsome and well groomed---but he's been visiting all winter long.
Okay, that's all I can come up with. It isn't much, but it's what I've got. I hope I can find some interesting bits when I read your contributions.
Have a nice weekend!
Poor Hogan has to deal with interlopers too...three of the neighbor dogs regularly come have a sniff in our yard. If we're home he BEGS us to let him out to go play with them. They'll run out together to the barnyard and harass the local rabbit population. I love tagging along behind them because seeing dog-friends play together just makes my day. That probably wouldn't happen if you let your cats out. :)
ReplyDeleteFor sure! There's enough snarling and carrying on when they're inside and the other cat passes through the yard. Can you say territorial???
DeleteHappy Friday Frags... I have been reading a lot of young adult fiction now that my daughter is almost done with the genre... I'm trying to convince her she needs to read Little Women and The Little Princess though...
ReplyDeleteHeather, I tried re-reading Little Women which I loved as a kid. It was almost unbearably sweet nowadays. (I'm trying to watch my carbs.)
DeleteEnjoyed reading about your week! I'm a new follower! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! Looking forward to exploring yours!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Likewise, I'm sure. ;)
DeleteThat is a great tiger shot. Sadly, I did think of the nature show when I saw it.
ReplyDeleteLove your new header! What a powerful animal! I am suffering from the pollen in the south! I never have had problems with it before but it seems like I have a headache every morning! I'll be glad when it's all bloomed out!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I ever read either of those books either. Maybe I'll check them out.....I know what you mean about reading on the Nook....I read on my Kindle now and even though it's very convenient, it's just not the same! I drool over the books in the stores but won't buy because I know I should put them on my Kindle....I have so many books I am running out of room on my shelves. Sigh!
We have a cat that comes to taunt our inside cat and our dogs! They just all go crazy when he's out on the deck!
I remember the Phantom Tollbooth from when my oldest two children were in late grade school. I don't think it had been written yet when we were kids.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of things that were around when we were kids, our library has about 2 million Nancy Drew books and about as many Hardy Boys.
I loved Nancy Drew and still have a couple of her mysteries in the attic. I remember waiting breathlessly for the next one to be published and devoured them. Nancy was brave and true blue....I'm sorry kids now don't know about her, tho.
ReplyDeleteA book I re-read now and then is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. Heidi needs to be dusted off one of these days, too.
Nice CAT! Yeow....put a photo of that big guy on the door and your little visitor will be outta there!!!
Have a good weekend, my friend.
I LOVED the movie "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" but never read the book.
DeleteI've been thinking lately that I too should reread Heidi.
Wild Kingdom - I suspect people younger than 30 or maybe 40 would not ask that about Omaha. The place has me thinking of Warren Buffett. I suspect that outdoor cat just likes to show off in front of the indoor cats.
ReplyDeleteI have a Nook too. It is harder to remember the titles. Nothing can replace the feel of a real book!
ReplyDelete