Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful on Thursdays

I found a nice blog yesterday where the hostess was listing 10 ways to simplify your life and she has many smart and funny followers.  Today she had another fine idea and is hosting Thankful Thursdays.  I probably won't link this up, but it's a pretty good discipline anyway.

Now that I'm recovering nicely at home, the surgery well behind me, I have so much to be thankful for, I can barely begin.  I don't have any images to express how thankful I am for faith and answered prayer and the unspeakable mercies of God.

But since he ministers to us through our loved ones, Good Guy has to have honorable mention for picking up the slack and being the nurse on duty when necessary here.

I'm also thankful that excellent medical care is available locally and that I was well cared for throughout the course of care without having to travel away from home.

So that paragraph is including my surgeon, GP, hospital staff, and home health physical therapy.

I'm thankful for my own basic healthy self, so eager and able to recuperate quickly.  I got my staples removed this morning at the doctor's office and instead of being admonished to get moving, I was told to not overdo.  I like that better.  I can blog and surf without guilt.

If you'd like to check out Carole's blog, she's at http://caroleknits.net/

So that is the bare bones beginning of my thankful list.  This is the month to ponder these things, after the opportunity to express ourselves at the polls is over.  ( My witty cousin, Nikki, has what she calls Post Partisan Depression.)  Isn't that funny?

3 comments:

  1. I also have been so thankful and I am not going to link up but will try to do a Thankful Thursday this month also. Glad you are doing so well. God does provide for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful and happy that everything is going well and that you're jogging merrily along Recovery Road.
    lots of love, Amgie, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging and surfing without guilt is a good thing :) I hope you continue your gentle and complete recuperation without any complications.

    Post Partisan Depression is quite funny!

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.