Monday, August 15, 2011

Busy at Home


Some days start off straight out of the blocks. I have a standing date to walk at 7 AM, and imagine my distress when I rolled out of bed this morning at 10 minutes to 7!

I set a record for drinking a provisional breakfast, dressing and hoofing it on down the hill. Pant, pant. The rest of the day was pretty easy.

I'm applying the binding to the edges of the baby quilt. I'm turning the heel on thermal sock number one for my oldest son (whose woolly socks are wearing out). I'm joining a knit-along with the followers of Carole Knits. I may even invest in the beautiful hand spun yarn they are all using.

I tried to send an e-card from my American Greetings account. I pressed "send" about ten times and never got any feedback that the card sent. I wonder if they got ten cards.

My sister visited us this past weekend with her Teddy Bear, Daisy. Daisy has learned to bark when she hears other dogs barking in the neighborhood. This is frowned upon by her mistress. But she is one cute little critter! Our family tends to have large dogs with a couple of exceptions. And those big dogs would all gladly sit on laps. Now that there's a real lap dog, she isn't that crazy about laps. Funny how things work out, isn't it?

We caught her in an exhausted mode in the picture above. So she was contented to sack out on Jane's lap. Daisy has just recovered from a hernia repair, spaying, and having some baby teeth pulled. She's just been released from wearing a cone, and life is good again.

Yesterday a friend in California sent me an e-mail with a link to a wonderful animal story. If you're a softie, check this out: Fawn rescued.

Have a great Tuesday.





3 comments:

  1. Good morning :) Wonderful pix of your sister and her "teddy bear" love bug. I'm going downstairs now to use the treadmill...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Jane was you with a hair cut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy sure has had a rough (not RUFF) time of it lately....not to mention having to wear the 'cone of shame'. Poor baby!

    Nothing sets you in a mood faster than having to start the day at warp speed. But it sounds like you slowed down the pace a bit with the binding and socks.

    Hugs........Jan

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.