Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Couple Questions on Sunday

Since I'm just as Fragmented on Sunday as on Friday, I'm stealing this meme while I take time out from my knitting project.

1. Did you make any fun purchases this week?
Not this week, but the yarn and the ball winder I ordered last week arrived in the mail from KnitPicks, and they are wonderful. It's amazing that an old woman can get such joy from rewinding yarn bits into usable balls of yarn. Never underestimate the power of a little machine.

2. If you could go to any musical concert, what would it be?
This is extremely difficult to answer, because my music loves are many and eclectic as heck, but today I'd vote for a show by John Pizzarelli, with his great group which includes his wife, Jessica Molasky, his dad, Bucky Pizzarelli, his brother and a few others. Great fun and great music!

3. What is your most/least favorite house chore?
I like to bake yeast products, and I like to do laundry. Dusting? Not so much.

4. Would you prefer new appliances or new clothes?
I'll pick appliances. I don't have to go into a little room and look into a three-way mirror for that, do I?

5. Do you prefer Miracle Whip or Mayo?
I was an adult before I realized they were two different things. My mom always stocked Miracle Whip, and my favorite thing to eat on toast was that sandwich condiment they used to make with MW and pickles. (It's probably tartar sauce----but what did I know?) I don't eat it anymore, because they don't market it anymore.

Well, now you know still more useless information about me, I have cobbled together a post for the day, and I will return to the project of the day.

And praying for my people on the Eastern seaboard.

7 comments:

  1. My friend in HS ate PB, Milw. Dill, and Miracle Whip sandwich's...I love them as well...I even import Milw. Dill Midgets from a store in Wis.
    People think I am nuts....Maybe so...
    Have a great Sunday....
    UGH, since my hands are numb, I have to give up knitting...And I had just started knitting again and getting in to it again....
    Sandy in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know more about you than I did last week!

    Dusting is for the birds and they aren't really good at it either! Gets their feathers mussed up!

    Three way mirror? Yikes....who invented them AND florescent light bulbs? They should be beaten!

    Love you Ann. You always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh! I remember the sandwich spread -- mayo like with a relish. I hadn't thought of that in decades. However, I grew up with Miracle Whip and didn't know the difference until I was in junior high home ec.... What revelations :)

    I am mailing some articles to my son-in-law in Arlington, VA. At least Da Yooper and I are trying to make lemonade out of the mounds of "stuff" (lemons) we went through yesterday. After our company leaves in November, we will convert the downstairs bedroom to a quilting room and keep the family room intact. Thanks to Da Yooper for thinking outside the box and suggesting we don't really need to save two bedrooms for guests. We will put our square footage to better use for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our two new chairs arrived--will be posting about that tomorrow.

    There's a difference between Miracle Whip and mayo?

    My least favorite household chore would be cleaning toilets--fortunately, my husband does it.

    New appliances or new clothes--whichever I need at the time would be my preference. Right now, don't need either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up in a Miracle Whip family. We'd use it as dip for potato chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Hellman's Real Mayo gal. I endure Miracle Whip if forced lol I don't dust either. I do like appliances, but I rarely buy any fancy ones. I shop for clothes once a year if I must.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.