Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Of Books and Knitting
Good Guy got to golf yesterday, and I entertained myself by reading Playing for Pizza and finishing that little cabled chemo cap.
Don't you love alliteration?
I'm staying on course with my reading plan and have finished 32 books, and have given up on a few others that I started. Usually that was not because the books were not engaging enough; rather it was that their term expired and I couldn't access them on my Nook anymore. Barnes and Noble aren't making much $$$$ off of my reading habit, since I usually download library books and read them within the allotted time.
I'm sort of proud of the cap, since I did it without a pattern in front of me, and the only tricky part was deciding how to decrease for the top.
I also pieced this little table topper out of some squares left over from a quilt Jane pieced for a Pink Quilt fundraiser for breast cancer research. It will go with me to quilting this morning and I'll work on hand quilting it, since it's a small project and portable.
I wish you a happy and productive Wednesday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very pretty little table topper.
ReplyDeleteI've only ever read ONE John Grisham book - - - can you GUESS which one???
BTW - - - as I'm checking in or shelving knitting books at the library, I think of you EVERY TIME.
My guess is you read the one about skipping Christmas. I do love knitting books, but can't count them as "reading". Not much plot.
DeleteI assure you that the above table topper is very attractive and the handquilting is superb! It is nice to be able to rub shoulders with such a talented friend. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's a very nice compliment, coming from you, Kay. You're the most patient, meticulous quilter I know.
DeleteTwo of my favorite past times.... reading, which I do all the time, and quilting, which I haven't done in years! I ready Playing for Pizza years ago... I haven't read a Grisham in a long time, but I always enjoyed them...will have to pick one up soon!
ReplyDelete