I have my family coming for the weekend, and I am in the state of pondering HOW I ever did all the things that needed doing when my kids were growing up.
There must be a "Murphy's Law" that accounts for becoming a total slug when you retire. I take care of the house (after a fashion) and Good Guy does the grocery shopping and cooking. I find myself feeling challenged by the task of planning and executing a weekend of company.
In the past, the cleaning the house would have been the challenge, but I wouldn't have thought twice about feeding extra people. Don't think I'm not happy and excited that they'll be here, because I am. I am just amazed that I was ever energetic and organized. It seems like a very long time ago.
So those of you who are young and doing stuff with and for your family, I am envious and wish you well. Happy, happy Easter weekend to you all.
I know what you mean! I love to have company, but my days seem even more full now that I am not working full time. There are some good things to be said for routine....but I don't want to go back!
ReplyDeleteWe just slow down as we age. Relax and enjoy your company!
ReplyDeleteI prefer the cooking part to the cleaning - - - but I ALWAYS found both to be a lot of hard work getting ready for a house full of company - - - worth it, but hard work nonetheless.
ReplyDeleteoh Ann, it seems everything just takes more effort any more! I am new to the empty nest but still....I think I really got lazy fast! I find frozen pizza much more of a great dinner now. LOL! have a great weekend
ReplyDelete