Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Do You Want Silly, or Really Silly?


Yesterday as we were walking near the Park on our way toward Cafe du Mond we were accosted by a clown who fashioned a hat for GoodGuy, who is nothing if not a good sport. We walked along as she worked and visited and joked and laughed. (We passed the hat along to a child along our route as we walked back to our hotel.)


It is not high tourist season here, since it is well before Mardi Gras, and the buskers and street performers are having to work hard for their donations. One group stole my heart. A lady clarinet player and vocalist---backed up by a tuba and drum. Wow, could she get music out of that horn! I especially appreciate anyone who can coax real music out of a clarinet having attempted it for a long time as a kid.


I am making good progress on the sweater project, working on a sleeve and the main portion, which consists of back and both fronts all made together. 308 stitches per row. Picture tomorrow if I show up here.

The weather? Lovely today. It was so warm sitting out by the pool that we came back to the room for a while. Doesn't that sound good?

3 comments:

  1. I just love the street performers there. Have seen some very talented ones! Last time we were there was two weeks before Katrina and I wonder how many of them are still there and if any we "met" were killed. So sad. My son played with a guy just beating drumsticks on a 5 gallon bucket, and it sounded good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of GG. He does look like a good sport, too. I can't wait to see the beginnings of the sweater. Doesn't sound like he needs it in NOLA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I hope nobody "burst his bubble"

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.