Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Warm and sunny, with a chance of pralines


It is a mostly sunny day here today, with an occasional very light drizzle and we were toasty warm in the sun this morning as Good Guy read and I knit. I am listening to a Stephanie Plum adventure on my headphones, so occasionally I had to laugh out loud. Then we walked out to find some Cajun food for lunch. It is difficult to get hungry here with food supplies on every hand, and street carts with hot dogs between them.
It is a pleasant change from driving the last part of our Wisconsin end of the journey in snow and wind, plus a few delays for safety's sake in leaving at the Milwaukee end. So instead of landing at 2 PM, we landed at 4 PM. No matter to us, since we had no agenda.
Ahh, retirement. It's a wonderful state to be in. Louisiana is OK, too.

4 comments:

  1. Sunny with a chance of pralines. Now that's great. I was never a fan of pralines when I had them in the north, but boy oh boy, I love Southern Pralines!

    So is she still sneaking around with Morelli?

    Have fun in the state of retirement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Stephanie Plum. My education must be lacking....

    All this talk of warmth and sunshine and food reminds me that it's time to hope winter is on its way out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title!

    Looks like summer time.

    It does NOT look like that here, as you are well aware. Oh - - - but we DO have the sunshine today.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.