Friday, January 14, 2011

Mid-month beginning

It's the middle of the month already and I'm ready to begin The Sweater project. I paced around yesterday, waiting for the UPS truck. I was assured online that my yarn would arrive before the end of the workday on Thursday. Of course, it did, but not until 4:30 pm, so that made for a lot of road watching.
In the meantime I checked out the ideas we had for altering the pattern so it doesn't appear to "ruffle" at the bottom, which isn't a look most men prefer. (Thanks, Keepie). And I think we're good to go. I won't have to wonder what to do with my hands for the next few months methinks.
My sister is arriving for the weekend and we're preparing for our little journey, too.
I'll try to take some New Orleans pictures. (I know, I know, I should take some pictures of HERE, but it's just all white and grey. I can say that objectively, without the depression so common here in the winter.) Our winter has been an easy one so far, compared to the rest of the country. Or the world, for that matter! The flooding in Australia! Snow all up the east coast!
I'll keep you posted on the sweater progress, because that's most of what's happening now. I guess I'll still be dressing for cool weather, even in NOLA.

5 comments:

  1. Oh your yarn is a gorgeous color!
    You won't get tired of knitting with that.

    Yes the ruffly bottom is probably not a good look for guys.

    Have fun!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE that color! I don't see any "rust" in it - - - I think it looks like a gorgeous cranberry! (Now, don't tell GG he's going to look like a cranberry in his new sweater or he may refuse to wear it!)

    Besides, I didn't mean HE would look like a cranberry, just the COLOR reminds me of cranberries - - - that lovely dark color when they are boiled with sugar to make sauce.

    I know you aren't NEAR me anyway, but I feel like I'm going to really MISS YOU while you are in NOLA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann,

    Best wishes as you and “Good Guy” head for New Orleans. Perhaps you will stroll along the crescent over to the CafĂ© Du Monde for a coffee and beignet, laughing in the sunshine. From South Dakota, it looks like a long couple of months ahead until we see some evidence of approaching spring. The notion of even a short escape to the Gulf seems so attractive.

    Enjoy soaking up some rays outside!

    The Lurker

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn looks fabulous - it's going to be a great looking sweater, that's for sure. No, no, you don't want a ruffled bottom LOL

    Stay warm and enjoy NOLA!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.