Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Fragments

Here is this week's contribution of flotsam and jetsam from my end of the state.

Mrs. 4444s hosts this and invites you to read, join, and check everybody out by clicking here. I hope.

1. My sister is visiting us after many weeks away enjoying warmer weather. Her nine week old Teddy bear pup, Daisy, is here with her. She and the cats are getting to know each other, very s l o w l y. It is pretty entertaining to watch them scope each other out.

2. It is Easter week. Do you think I should put the creche set away?

3. Reading this week has been re-reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, and a Sierra Club Sketching in Nature book by Cathy Johnson. I had read the first one from the digital library, but decided I needed to own a copy.

4. The geese are flying in very high, almost perfect V's above us for the past few days. In spite of the winter mix of weather, there are signs of spring all around us. We are going on a pussy willow hunt later this morning.

5. My commenting friends have me over the halfway mark toward sending a goat to a third world country. I thank them for their help and have met many lovely and interesting new people. One of my lovely friends suggested I go for an elephant. Are elephants a useful domestic animal in a small village? (I attract funny people.)

Happy Easter weekend! God bless you!




14 comments:

  1. Happy FF!

    I'd love a goat, too! It would save tons on fuel for the lawn mower. They eat grass? Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Lisa's comment....A goat would be great, so I wouldn't (if I even did mow grass) have to deal with any snakes (Yukky) in my yard. Goats would do such a great job mowing...LOL
    I will send more geese your way....a ton of them stay here in NC and further south and really do enjoy not having to fly back to "Canada", eh!!!
    Have a Blessed Easter with your family....
    and hoping the goat makes it to where you are sending it....
    This should count as two comments on the comment counting....LOL
    Sandy in HP, NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the goat is great! Sorry I haven't been leaving enough comments but i'm home now and will try to be better. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! I'll bet those little animals are so cute and funny to watch.
    I sent a cow to some Indian (from India) women that were trying to make a business of making beautiful shawls..(pashina something or other) any way they are beautiful and it was a project my networking group did.
    Good luck with your project. I know we all laugh about the goats and cows but it does seriously change lives.
    Happy Easter up there you all:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter and giddyup w/ the goats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "lovely friend" says to tell you that in SOME third world countries they use elephants to DO WORK just like others use donkeys.

    Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Besides, elephants are BIG - - - they would use up A LOT of comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. To say nothing of Daisy and Smokey.

    2. Not necessarily. Christmas is coming.

    4. Did you find any?

    5. Here's to goats -- or elephants....

    God bless you too!

    <3

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, teddy bear pup... sounds so cute:-) I'd vote for the elephant but the goat is probably more useful cause who drinks elephant milk??? Hey, if anyone does can they tell me if it tastes like peanut butter? They like peanuts right... or is that just the ones in the circus?? hmmmmm.... stop in & read Fragging Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen the Canada geese flying around here but they always do that since we have dams on the river and grain processing plants nearby. I have also seen just a few high altitude V formation flying your way. A true sign of Spring! Also, see the UP article mention in your email.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy spring and have a very happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting Bliss Habits!

    My mom keeps her Creshe set up year round!

    I like the elephant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If not for the geese, I wouldn't know, although today was beautiful. We're expecting a high in the upper 40's tomorrow, though. Boy, Spring is sure taking her sweet time....

    Happy Belated Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.