Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Fragments

You know Friday Fragments, hosted by Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time----

Here is the home place for all snippets, odds and ends that don't quite make a full posting. We are all thankful for a place to store them. Link up and see.

1. Today is GoodGuy's first golf outing of the year. Time for those on the home front to watch all the Chick Flicks that have been displaced by baseball. Since he will travel far there's lots of movie time.

2. I read a neat post this week written as a response to a writer's challenge. "If Your Mom were a Blogger."
That idea cracked me up. My mom was a faithful letter writer, but never disclosed how she felt or thought about anything. Menus, guests, the dead and dying report were all letter fodder, but never a word about controversy. This was not because she lacked opinions, or was dumb. Neither of those things were true. It's a puzzle to me.

3. Are these things true? Everyone considers himself above normal. Every man considers himself an excellent driver. Everyone is insulted if accused of having no sense of humor.

4. We have had daily cat visitors to our back deck. Two cats (at separate times) came right up to the back door to peer into the back shed. They don't appear to be thin or undernourished. Maybe they are neighbor's cats just out for a stroll.

5. Tony, our biggest, least likely cat caught a bat in mid-flight on Wednesday night. Of course then he wanted to play with it. An adrenalin rush if ever there was one. (Head shaking.)

I have to post this quickly before it all disappears again.



8 comments:

  1. I feel like my blog and my letters have no controversy either. It's the way I want it, but I hope that those of you who read it, so see my personality and a few of my opinions, even if it is just about a puzzle or TV show :)

    Cats and bats - I don't think they can help it, it's just too tempting! Bats. Yuck! I hate having them in the house. It gives me the willies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I thought the comment count was for the end of April!! Awesome - we've got a whole other month!! Maybe we can get two of those goats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch Tony closely - - - bats carry rabies, which I'm sure you already know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when cats visit our yard. We don't have too many so I think they do have homes close by. Hope your cat doesn't get sick from that bat! Enjoy your movie watching!

    Stopping by from FF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If my mom were a blogger, I guess I'd have to follow her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can count on one fingertip how many times my mom has talked about an intimate subject. I used to resent her for that, but at times, I actually appreciate that quality. The way I look at it, in order to live with my dad and keep her sanity, she had to put rose-colored glasses on. I think to take them off would open up a well of emotion no longer worth opening. Does that make sense??

    Yea for golf outings! Let me know if you came across any great movies :)

    Thanks for linking up--Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could almost see my mom blogging...she's always on the go.

    Has plenty to talk about...

    She's almost 75 and she is always volunteering, going out to dinner with old classmates (yes from high school!) and out shopping.

    If not, she's on her computer playing dumb games....

    I should get her blogging :-)

    My Jack-a-poo keeps thinking he's going to catch a bird! He's too funny.

    Visiting from Friday Frags.

    Have a great weekend!

    Carolee
    The Blogging Buddies Social Network

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom blogging???? That idea completely makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.