our "ready to retire" teacher telling us daily that we were the dumbest class he ever had. Perhaps if he'd spent more time teaching us, we'd have understood it a little better.
Instead this is about opportunity presenting itself when we are open to acting upon it.
While we were visiting Iowa, we went to see the lovely farm where they filmed Field of Dreams. You remember-----"If you build it, they will come."
And yesterday I read a Swedish proverb which says, "Those who wish to sing, always find a song."
And last week I read this Buddhist saying; "When the student is ready, the master appears."
All this redundant advice has me wondering what I should be seeking to learn next! So I'm keeping a listening ear, and a sharp watch for the next learning or serving that I should do.
Feel free to make suggestions and comments.
A friend of mine told me the other day that her doctor told her that she needed to have a hobby. It got me wondering what I would do if presented with the directive to find something to do? I have no idea. It's sort of the same thing - or different enough to be interesting LOL
ReplyDeleteSo what should you learn? What do you not know? You could learn more about lakes, rivers and streams or you could take up hiking or painting or maybe you could pick a language to learn and plan a vacation to a place that speaks it.
What's our comment count up to these days. Are we goat worthy yet??
OK - I now see the comment count on the side bar. I spoke before I looked. Common mistake with me.
ReplyDeleteI so want you to get that goat!
You were in 42N country. Hope you liked it!
ReplyDeleteHow did I miss this post? I've been so busy with all those "opportunities" that have been coming my way I'm a tad behind with my blogging!
ReplyDelete