Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Mothers' Day Sigh



Mom's day is getting a reputation as a Hallmark opportunity, and I have some kids who are Hallmark resistant because they try not to be manipulated.

They always come through for me---if not on Mother's day, at other times.

Yesterday I got a Priority Mail package marked Fragile. And then it was so encased in tape and other security measures I thought I might have to burn the packaging to find out what was inside. After much tugging and muttering I discovered 1. a most sweet, sentimental card, and the Cat Nut "sculpture".

Later in the day a box of beautiful fresh flowers arrived from No. 1 Daughter which made two lovely, fragrant bouquets. These five people who constitute my own kids, have given me worlds of pleasure, even without Mothers' Day. But I'm thankful for Mothers' Day, anyway. Thanks kids.

5 comments:

  1. Ann I love the 'cat nut' gift! I have a daughter who is Hallmark resistant also. She honors me often in her own way just not on 'made up' days as she says. I am fine with it as I know she loves me. The other daughter always remembers and this year I have a Grandson...no other gift needed! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have a "Mother's Day" to celebrate moms. Glad you kids come through for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "cat nut" is so cute and whimsical. And, one can NEVER go wrong with fresh flowers at THIS time of year on the Frozen Tundra!!!

    Happy mom's day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mom's Day to you, Ann. Looks like you are loved dearly!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! Love the cat nut LOL What a fun and delightful gift minus the tape issues :) Those are beautiful tulips.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.