Oh, yeah, that's me. My Indian name would translate to "Sits on the Couch". But we do have in our midst The Rearranger.
We have three cats, for those of you who don't know this already, and two are just normally curious. The black and white domestic longhair, Bella, is full of prunes. She tears paper, and knocks stuff on the floor and into the waste baskets. She requires a keeper.
Yesterday we opened a window in our bedroom which is on the second story of our little house. And during the afternoon we took a little drive to check on the trillium crop in the woods. When we returned, GoodGuy saw a streak of black head for the back porch.
We assumed she had sneaked out when we left, even though we always watch. She's really fast and sneaky.
Later, we were watching the golf competition on TV and when I glanced up I saw a cat on the roof of the porch! What in the world? Bella exited by way of the open upstairs window. When we went up to close the window she gratefully came back indoors. I think she gets herself into some situations that she can't handle.
This morning she sat on this computer and got things so messed up that it wouldn't recognize my password. I had to take the battery out and have a short prayer vigil before I could boot back up.
Never a dull moment!
Hi, Ann! I found your blog through CM's A Little Lilac...I see you're from the UP! I got married up there in L'Anse! I used to live near there in WI...(near Menomonie, MI and Niagara, MI. I've been all over the country since then, but am now in WI again - but in the Twin Cities Metro - just a stone's throw from St. Paul, MN.
ReplyDeleteI'm checking out your blog...love it!
We have 4 cats...our oldest, Maggie lives in the ofc. and her buddy, our next to youngest, Saetia, stays in here during the day when I am in here working....They race around the computer and one time Maggie pushed over the tower and we had to get a new hard drive because she ruined the whole works....Great fun, those furry friends...
ReplyDeleteCats will make sure that there is no boredom when they are around...Bella sure is beautiful - and she looks like she knows it too - those eyes are magnificent!
ReplyDeleteCats are great companions and entertainers! I love them!!! Found this really cool show on Animal Planet called "My Cat From Hell." I just posted about it tonight.
ReplyDeleteOh never a dull moment with cats that is for sure!
ReplyDeleteLOL - - - "have a short prayer vigil."
ReplyDeleteLOLOLOLOL!!!
I'm with Keetha. LOL for sure.
ReplyDeleteYour cats sure keep you hopping!
Jan
xoxo
I'm a cat person too. Dogs are too high maintenance for me. My daughters have our cats now that they have their own home and the cats were theirs to begin with. Lizzy loves to sleep on the back of the couch, but sometimes she falls off. We find that hysterical because she does look embarassed when she shakes herself off.
ReplyDeleteThankfully I've never had a cat on the roof (that I'm aware.) They would have had to come down by themselves, that's for sure. I love cat adventures, but I think what I love most is the sheer panic my cats can have on their faces when they're in trouble and then the denial of it once safely inside.
ReplyDelete