I love lilacs and I do not see many here in NC. First son planted a dwarf lilac bush for me last spring and it bloomed a bit this spring....hope I can keep it alive for next spring so I can see lite lilac colored blossoms....and the fragrance is wonderful...
I'm with you Sandy. I am a transplanted Michigander in N.C. too. I miss the spring lilacs. I had always either owned a house with the bushes or had a neighbor share them. They mean winter is over in Michigan.
I love lilacs and I do not see many here in NC. First son planted a dwarf lilac bush for me last spring and it bloomed a bit this spring....hope I can keep it alive for next spring so I can see lite lilac colored blossoms....and the fragrance is wonderful...
ReplyDeleteOh, I know what you mean!! I remember those days well. I'm so happy for you :) Enjoy the sweet fragrance.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you Sandy. I am a transplanted Michigander in N.C. too. I miss the spring lilacs. I had always either owned a house with the bushes or had a neighbor share them. They mean winter is over in Michigan.
ReplyDeleteAmen and AMEN!!!
ReplyDelete