Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Wages of Megalomania

In spite of the fact that I am "mostly" determined not to embark on any controversial subjects, I just had to laugh at the videos that were all over Facebook today.

Saturday night was the Washington Press Corps dinner, which was attended by the members of the press corps, of course, and many network bigwigs, anchormen, financial powers that be, and politicians. Better be there, there might be a photo op.

I watched parts of the 20 minute comedy routine which was sometimes funny and sometimes a little bit mean----depending upon whether I agreed with him or not. What I was watching for was Donald Trump's reaction to jokes at his expense. What I saw was that career politicians know how to laugh, even if the joke's on them. Not Donald.

It's hard to tell if he's humorless, or taking the kingly, "We are not amused" stance. In any case, he didn't change expression very much. He's probably was thinking lofty thoughts.

I should have set an alarm this afternoon when I shut my eyes for a wee nap. I slept through the streaming video of my grandson's first piano recital. At least I slept through his part of it. I saw him at the end and saw his uncle taking pictures. Will that count? I think not. I feel bad, but I'll enjoy his piano playing in person, I hope. (Sorry, Sam.)

Hope you enjoyed the first day of May. We didn't get out of the 40's today, and the wind was pretty brisk all afternoon. Sort of like April, now that I think of it.

2 comments:

  1. It was nice, we had sun and 64 degrees. Went for short walk and to get a pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have I been for the past week? I have read all of these posts, but I guess I never clicked over. Sheesh, that's no way for a goat to behave lol

    Sleeping through a live streaming anything is totally something I'd do. Your thoughts were in the right place though, I"m just sure of it.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.