Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Just a Moment, Deer

It is rare for us to be out and about in town in the evening, and I'm thinking all our neighbors must be like that, too.

When we came home after 10 PM on Sunday night we had a young deer standing at the end of the alley, and we startled about six others who were grazing under the apple trees in the neighbor's yard.

Then last night, returning at 9 PM, the whole crew were at rest across the alley from where we'd seen them the night before. So they may sleep on our back lawns every night. They aren't exactly tame, but they don't bolt and run away from us either, when we're inside the car. They're more shy when we're on foot.

In spite of seeing them so often, I am still amazed at how many are around, and how at home they are in our yards.

My friend who was visiting this weekend said someone recommended a product for spraying her shrubs and plants, called, "Not Tonight, Deer." (I can remember that.)

4 comments:

  1. They are so pretty if they just wouldn't eat your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish emulsion watered down a bit in a spray bottle. Seems to work here in DEER HEAVEN. Momma and twins were visitng tonight but the smell made them move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are the deer enjoying your shrubs and bushes? I didn't get the feeling that your plants were getting eaten, just that you noticed that they were possibly snoozing in your yard.

    Not tonight deer? I can remember that, too! That was a snorter lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't get deer in our yard but some in our area have. We like seeing them when we go to the park. Usually we see a few in the woods there.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.