Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday

Thanks to Mrs. 4444, for continuing to host our weekly tidbit dump. I always look forward to seeing what trivia is floating around among her friends and followers. Check her out at Half Past Kissin Time.

She posted a small tutorial earlier in the week on the use of punctuation marks---and that it isn't necessary to put an apostrophe after every word that ends in an S. Good work, Mrs. 4444.

It seems like a curse to know the correct usage of so many words. My own aggravation has to do with the use of Less. I also cringe when I hear the car ad which claims that if it weren't for curiosity, the world would still be flat. Yoo-hoo! The world never WAS FLAT. Bonehead!

I found the coolest website, which is promoting kindness in the new year. It will warm your heart, just reading about it. Look for the Kindness Challenge 2012 Toolkit.

Good Guy saw the surgeon again on Wednesday. All is well and she never wants to see him again. (Surgeons aren't famous for "bedside manner".) Insert laughter here: I'm not picking on anybody.

Since walking outdoors is pretty treacherous, we've walked at the mall a couple days this week. Just like any other exercise, we are finding it is more tolerable if we do it together. Today there's a craft fair in progress, so we'll try the other mall, or even outdoors, if it ever warms up.

My car doors froze up and it made me wonder why people continue to live in this weird climate. I concluded that since my house is paid for, that is reason enough.

This week is my birthday. And my daughter-in-law's birthday. And two sons, two cousins, plus a wedding anniversary. We never get a Christmas tree until this week is over.

Visitors to our bird feeders this week: Cardinals, sparrows, juncos, chickadees, nuthatches, blue jays, mourning doves, and Stubby the Squirrel. (His aunts, cousins, and other in-laws have been dropping around, too.) We saw a deer in the back yard as we were leaving the front driveway last night, too. He was cautious, but didn't get scared away.

Have a great TGIF.





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind message about the loss of my kitty. Our temp went from near 80the to a cold (to us) and windy 58 yesterday. I didn't wear a coat but I saw some with ear muffs! Michigan weather toughens you up and UP weather must make you steel! Happy Birthday to you dear friend. Have a happy celebration week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Happy Birthday!

    PS: I haven't seen that car commercial, but that's actually pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fragments! You've inspired me to be kinder in 2012. I can definitely improve in that area. I hope you have a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. roflmao....love that you and I think that media, and those so called 'geniuses' are referred to 'BONEHEAD'. You got that right.

    I so enjoyed your post.

    Crypt Shadows in New Orleans Cemetery

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it, but I've managed to make TWO, yes count them - - - 2 - - - blog posts in the past three days!!!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.