He Caught a Bass!!!
A good portion of the excitement at the cabins this week has been provided by the quest for a fish dinner. (The menus to date have been hot dogs, pizza at the Riverside, spaghetti, and leftovers). But somebody will be eating fish tonight. The excited yell came from the dock at about 8:45 last evening. He caught a bass! It's a big one, let's measure!
It was sixteen inches, duly photographed, cleaned, and wrapped for storage. Brian is the hero of the day, and he isn't even the Most Experienced Fisherman, (whose nose is slightly out of joint.)
The MEF has distinguished himself by kindness to the little sister of the other boys
As a younger brother himself he has sympathy for the tag-along younger sister, and
has been very kind and patient with her. I'm so proud of him.
I remember my first bass - I would not bait my own hook, and take that fish OFF? NOPE! I was fishing by some "tubes" by a roadside, and when I got the fish on, I dragged it across the pavement to a fella who kindly took it off for me and put it in my pail! I was so proud of it, that eventually I did let someone take my picture as I held it up, but it sure felt slimy creepy!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the first catch!!!!
ReplyDelete