Good Guy and I have short-hand for ordering our favorite pizza combination at our favorite pizza joint in Iron River. (That would be the Riverside Bar and Pizzaria). They are readily found in a search engine but I can't seem to copy it. Anyway, they are loaded with sausage, onions, and mushroooms when you order a #10.
But my combo #3 is my new Favorite Thing of the Week. Against all odds, techno-fool as I am, I learned how to download books from the Great Lakes digital library, transfer them to my Walkman, and I can now knit and hear literature being read at the same time.
I even took a picture of my big three, including the socks in progress--- for your enjoyment, but the Google cloud won't allow me access to any pictures stored in my computer. Or anything else, that I can see. So though I have one success to report, everything isn't as I'd like to have it.
The rust colored yarn I ordered will be here by the end of the business day tomorrow, UPS assured me online. So I can begin Good Guy's sweater/jacket and work on it as we travel next week.
He is celebrating being a non-smoker for the past 30 years and we're going to New Orleans for a few days.
Thereby hangs a tale. After numerous bouts of upper respiratory infections, he went back to his doctor and as much as accused her of being a quack. She tapped his breast pocket containing his Lucky Strikes, and smiled. As if to say, blame me if you wish....... He quick cold turkey and hasn't had one since. He doesn't chew, smoke a pipe, or cigars either. Bless his heart!
If you have a lively imagination you may picture my little netbook, my MP3 player, and an almost finished pair of woman's socks in tweedy brown and green. In the meantime I'll fire off a grumpy note to Google. I'm sure they're accustomed to them.
Sorry you're having trouble putting pictures on your blog, but not quite understanding what Google has to do with it?
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you are more than ready to start that rust colored sweater project!
Oooh I wish I could knit! I wishI could help with your pics but as Chief Technophobe I have a reputation to think of! My sis is taking computer tips from her 4 year old grandson. I just get in trouble.
ReplyDeleteI just realized yesterday that I'm three and a half years smoke free. It's a great club to be in :)
ReplyDeleteI can't begin to understand why you can't load your photos. You really need to get to the bottom of it, that's for sure.
Enjoy your trip to NOLA! I wish it was going to be a bit warmer for you, but I think it's going to be chilly.
Kristin