Friday, January 28, 2011

Five on Friday



1. Last night at 8 PM when I returned home from a small group meeting at church, our yard was teem in wildlife. There was a "stranger" cat sitting where my car usually sits, watching deer eating the seeds out of the bird feeders. He didn't move, either. I guess he was happy to find a place that wasn't snow covered.

2. The book I'm listening to on my MP3 player has a character who shares my daughter's name. It gives me a little buzz every time he reads it.

3. GoodGuy has been truly suffering with a cold ever since our return from New Orleans. It isn't very lively around here when his main conversation consists of coughing and nose-blowing. It's a week now, so he should be mending soon.


4. Unlike the east coast which has been socked with snowstorm after snowstorm, we seem to get a little dusting of snow each day. More like snow you can sweep, rather than snow you must shovel. It keeps things looking fresh and white without all the inconvenience and dangerous road conditions.

5. Progress report on the sweater? One sleeve is as far as the armpit, one sleeve is started---a bit more than 4", and the body (fronts and back) are about 12 1/2 inches. The pattern says 14, but he wants it longer than that. That's why I'm doing the sleeves so they are completed and I know I have enough yarn. I always worry about that.
Have a fine TGIF day.

1 comment:

  1. The sweater is looking GREAT! (I still love that color)

    Maybe a bit more of a snow dusting today - - - we shall see! I find the shovel cleans even the small amounts with more ease than does a broom - - - so I've been shoveling it all.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.