Friday, January 7, 2011

Four on Friday

Now I present to you all my first big accomplishment of the year.  Namely, clearing off my desk, a number one "hot spot" if ever there was one.  The accumulation is neatly filed into a portable file box with labelled files, or into the medical file.  Of course after The Year of the Knee, the medical file is bulging.  I hasten to add, not only did I Get it cleared, I've kept it cleared!
 Update number two:  I conquered yet another technological marvel this week by downloading audio books from my library to listen to while I knit.  I must admit that sometimes I think the Amish have the right idea by accusing electricity of separating the members of the family.  Since, at the moment Good Guy is reading the news on a computer, and I'm doing this and nobody is communicating with anyone in the room. . . . . . .  

Update three.  The pattern has been agreed on, and the yarn has been ordered.  I should like to think that it is, even now, wending it's way here from New York. 

Number Four:  Due to the fact that I had so much trouble finding the size pattern I need, I suggest to the knitting community that somebody write a book of patterns for distinguished portly men.  Somebody younger than I.  I know that isn't the sexiest task for designers to take on, but it's an area where there is a woeful lack.  If I decide to take on that challenge I expect you all to buy a copy, whether you knit or not.  The chances of your having to do this are so extremely remote, I can't even imagine how to tell you!

Have a nice weekend, if I don't get back here before then.  We have "storm warnings".   LOL, wind and less than an inch accumulation.  Storms aren't what they used to be....

5 comments:

  1. good for you!
    I have to laugh at the word portly. We have a friend that describes himself as such, we have a blast when he is here with my parents, my step mom even monogrammed him a "God loves a portly man" hand towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People in general are becoming more portly. I bet that pattern will be available within the next 40 years LOL I will buy a copy if you write it and I'll buy one for a few of my friends, too!

    Storm warnings in the UP that are for an inch of snow. My, how times have changed.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and your desk looks Fabulous! I've already lost a few things on my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your desk is MUCH cleaner than mine. I have stuff all around here to distract me from serious blogging and job hunting.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.