January looms before us. From this vantage point it appears to be long and cold compared to the rest of the year. So I think (even now, I know I'm mistaken, but it's better to FILL the month) I will have endless hours to complete huge projects during January.
It is appealing to plan a trip to a warmer clime. But the Fuzzies miss us when we're gone. (That doesn't always deter us from going, of course.)
But the projects I have planned are portable, if we travel. Good Guy wants a sweater, in spite of the fact that two previous sweaters have gone unworn and have been given away. I threatened him with mayhem if I devote a season to knitting for him and the sweater isn't used. If I make him a proper sweater he will wear it.
Okay. Now Good Guy isn't a small man and "making him a proper sweater" will entail something akin to knitting a car cozy. I may have to (gasp) write my own pattern. I have been knitting for a very long time, and I shouldn't be so verklempt about doing this. Simple---measure, swatch, decide, buy yarn and go at it. When it's done, I will wonder why I made such a trial out of it. I'll keep you posted. I have all of January. (hysterical laughter.....)
On a completely different subject, I am very ambivalent about the end of the regular football season. I am relieved that my team will be going on to the post season, in spite of my lack of faith in them. I get sick of football by this time of the year. But I love Monday Night Football------once I've had all day Monday to recover from football overload on Sunday. I'll probably even miss Thursday night football.
If it weren't for sports, football, tennis, golf, and college basketball, we wouldn't need a TV set at all. Seriously. Once I learned that the only reason there is "Programming" at all is so advertisers can sell stuff, I became disillusioned. Call me naive. Call me the lady who would use the mute button a lot---if she could ever touch the remote.
Onward and upward. Find the tape measure, order yarn, stay tuned for further developments. Yikes, it's the third of the month already!!!!
I must add a post script here too. The 24 hour heart monitor test result was good. No abnormalities or cause for worry. Thanks for caring. (If only knitting were aerobic activity!)
Ann I think it is a challenge to knit a car cozy er I mean sweater for Good Guy but I'm sure you can do it. Glad to hear the heart monitor test results were good. January and so much to do this winter. hugs, Linda
ReplyDeleteSo - - - "plastic heart?" (PVC's?)
ReplyDeleteI want to SEE some "car cozy" progress reports on here AND of course the finished project. GG BETTER wear it!
My husband also tends to ask for things he doesn't want. Wonder why that is? I do hope that if you make the sweater, GG wears it. I also hope that you figure out a pattern - you can add that to your list of things to do LOL
ReplyDeleteKristin - The Goat
Thats a great report on the monitor test. Nothing but longer daylight days ahead. Hopefully its a short winter.
ReplyDelete