Sunday, January 30, 2011

Still and Snow



Friday night and yesterday we had a lovely fluffy snowfall, and we haven't had a wind to blow it all around. Therefore, this morning we have this lovely scene.



It is wonderful to be retired and not have to go forth into the snow, or even get out to shovel, unless you really want to. I shovelled the path for the postman which cuts across lawns from the neighbors, but the squirrels, deer, and bunnies can break their own trails.


I'm sure our local ski operations are ecstatic about a snowfall that's more than just a dusting, and the Continental Cup sponsors are glad we'll have some snow for the ski tournament next month.
You can read more about it at http://www.kiwanisskiclub.com/ which has more information. I expect you will hear more about it here as the time grows closer. No matter how many times I see young men fly off that ski jump, I am always amazed at their courage or their foolishness. Whichever trait enables a person to do that stuff.
This is just straight ski jumping, not extreme tricks and such---and the Austrians always win, but it's a big event here!

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm missing lovely snow at MY house while I am down here in my OLD hometown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture! I feel like a recording, but everyone tells me about their snow and I keep saying, it's warm here and it's been in the 70s and 80s as if summer's just around the corner which makes me a very unhappy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching the ski jumpers, but I'm with you - it's one brave thing to do! The Austrians always win, huh? lol

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.