Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Fragments

Business first. Link up with Mrs. 4444 at Halfpastkissintime and share your tidbits of information with blogland. It's a fine place to deposit flotsam and jetsam that can't make a whole post.

Such as, why do we say, "We'll have to get together for lunch," and not set a specific date and time?
******************************

These are my absolutely favorite days of the year, while the leaves are just furling. I don't love to take pictures, but while the trees are leafing I want to snap pics all over the place.
******************************

I bought and planted a raspberry bush in the past couple days. If I had started when we moved here in 1998, I'd have the raspberry patch of my dreams, and could do without a lawn mower. (My neighbors would really love that!)

******************************

My dear photographer son posted a picture of himself that consists of his camera, his hand and his chrome dome. I asked if he had trouble with his model, and he said the guy couldn't get his hair to behave. chuckle.

******************************

At this time of the year, I have the illusion that summer will be long and lazy and the dates won't fill up with trivial junk like the rest of the year does. Summer flies by just as quickly as everything else or even faster! Be sure to fit in the stuff you really want to do!

*******************************

And in the meantime have a great weekend. Plant your direct sow vegetables. Burpee said today that it's time.

8 comments:

  1. I make the date right then and there!
    Raspberry bushes? I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year, too. Everything is filled with promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring..
    and omg..i often say to friends.."lets get together" but we never set a date and a year goes by...geesh..life is so busy
    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up, our neighbors behind us had a raspberry bush that overlapped into our yard. I remember eating raspberries from it and they tasted very good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I ever mentioned that my husband says to me now and then: "how do you remember all that stuff"? My head is FULL of trivial goo-ga that pops out when I least expect it and even amazes me. Jeopardy is a good example. I have been known to blurt out an answer to a question and then wonder 'who said that'? haaa

    I like the concept of posting flotsam. Perhaps I'll give it a 'go'. It's all interesting, right?

    BTW, I enjoyed YOUR bits and bobs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the lunch thing - I've been meaning to have lunch with a friend for months now and we can't get it together.

    I had rasp vines at a few of my various homes through the years. We had blackberries, too - but supposedly they were too close together and neither one were supposed to be any good, but they were both great!

    Enjoy Enjoy!
    It was 90ยบ today. We are into the heat of summer already.

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just HATE how each season slips away BEFORE you have a chance to do all in it that you wished.

    Hey - - - let's do lunch!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a transplnated Michigander to N.C. This coming week will be in the low 90s. Where can we live that is just Spring all year?

    I'll give ya call and we can have lunch to discuss it.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.