One thoughtful response leads to yet another, and there are a great many people who are embarrassed about the jubilant responses that we have seen at the news that he's gone.
Personally, the news gives me no joy or confidence that our terrorist worries have diminished at all. There are a great many people who have been taught to hate us, and they don't have trouble recruiting new people to fill the ranks.
Hate begets more hate, and it takes a supernatural hand to change our human response. Heaven knows we don't get much encouragement to show understanding or forgiveness from the world or the media.
I am thankful to the people who presented this calm and measured point of view. It was much needed and I appreciate it.
I know the guy was evil, but can rejoice about anyone spending eternity in hell, although, God is the righteous and just judge and revenge is His.
ReplyDeleteHear hear.
ReplyDeleteAnn - I had mixed feelings to the death of bin Laden. It's always sad when a life is snuffed-out. But the hardcore al-Quaeda members weren't admitted unless they had sworn an oath to him - he bankrolled and promoted the 11th September atrocities and at least inspired the 7th July London bombings. I didn't know anyone in London that latter day - but I DID know two people who worked in the World Trade Centre. I wanted bin Laden to suffer - but not to become a martyr to his deluded followers. A better fate would have been for him to have been exhibited, alive, in a cage at Central Park Zoo - preferably in the reptile section.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your lovely, most welcome, post regarding Jasper's blog the other day, by the way. We were thrilled to hear from you.
Peace and love,
Ruth xxx
I also don't believe our worries will be over when it comes to terrorism, but I do hope that a unified group headed by one man will be over.
ReplyDelete