Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Here's a Curious Reaction

Do you watch NCIS---the original with Mark Harmon? The one where he smacks DiNozzo on the back of the head?

Well, that's what I feel I need administered to me. I just left my Shopko pharmacy after having a prescription refilled. I read my receipt just for the sheer joy of reading, to discover that I had five more prescriptions to fill in order to receive my $10 coupon.

Oh, nuts! (I only get two prescriptions at three month intervals. I think that works out to only eight per year.)

I think I save more than $10 by having to take so few medicines, don't you? I'll be happy if I don't need antibiotics or some other unscheduled pills to get my number up to the coupon requirement.

Oddly enough, I need to take antibiotics when I have dental work done now since I have a knee replacement. Apparently (I'm making this part up) oral bacteria can't wait to invade my blood stream and camp out in Titanium World. Fascinating!

Wake up, I'm done with my little rant. I'm grateful to be so healthy and to have resources that help cover the costs of my paltry need for medicine. I hope that's true for you too.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, mine is pretty cheap, too. All three for $9. Years ago I would have balked at taking three meds.......I'm MUCH older and MUCH wiser (haaaa). They make me feel great and it's a small price to pay. Somethings you just get over!

    I'm happy YOU are doing the same for so little.

    Now, lets meet someplace and go for a nice walk.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even want to talk about the amount of medications I take and the money I shell out. ugh!

    I do watch the original NCIS and in fact, Gibbs is smacking DiNozzo right now. Well, a moment ago actually because it took me a moment to type it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE NCIS here. We shall miss it all summer while it is "off season."

    I think my prescription scenario is just about equal with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except the bacteria racing down to my titanium parts - - - I "ain't" got none of those. (Titanium, not bacteria)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.