I have only one daffodil, and I'm surprised to see even that one, but I'm happy to have it.
The year GoodGuy and I got married in mid April, I wanted daffodils for flowers at the wedding, but it was a cold spring that year (too), and we had no luck. We had to find tulips from the greenhouse for decorations.
We have only buds on the lilacs, too. I checked it out. We'll have lilacs by July 4th.
However we had a lovely, sunny day today and some of us golfed. (Hint: it wasn't me.) I did buy seeds yesterday and I'm looking forward to doing some grubbing around in the dirt very shortly. I love to see stuff growing!
We are long overdue for some spots of bright color on the Frozen Tundra!!!
ReplyDeleteI've begun to see some GREEN 'round these here parts - - - and a little yellow from some daffies too.
It's BEAUTIFUL! In all it's one-ness! Better one than none, right?
ReplyDeleteWe're FINALLY warming up here. No wind (shhhh) and it's supposed to get to 60. I, too, am headed outside to play in the dirt....getting rid of some of those weeds that seem to sprout over-night.
Now, a bike ride would be nice, but I shouldn't push it!
Hugs
Jan
We may have to shake the bushes one more time between now and the end of May to get you those last 30 or so comments - - -
ReplyDeleteHere is another 50cents for your comment tally!!! Love that you are doing this also!!! I jumped on their bandwagon last month and was happy to send my donation off to the National Parkinson Foundation. This month it is going to UMCOR for disaster relief. Such a great way to give !!! Stop on over and see what I am talking about! Would love to hea from you!!! www.bethannchiles.com
ReplyDeleteI think it's funny that you have more signs of spring than we do, "down south." :)
ReplyDeleteOur daffodils came and went in early March, our dogwood blossoms came and went in late March/early April, and all other blossoms and budding of leaves have come and gone...now only green until the crape myrtle and other flowering trees come into bloom.
ReplyDeleteLoved the daffodils, but they didn't stay long this year....
Daffodils are my favorite flowers. There's only been one place I've lived that I really disliked but that place had the most beautiful spring bulb garden. I swear the previous owners planted a dozen different varieties of daffodils. I loved that.
ReplyDeleteI hope by now that you are seeing even more spring!
I did once hear someone refer to the Iron Mountains area as "the Banana Belt" because the weather was milder. Here in the "south" my tulips are just starting to blossom. I too only have one anxiously awaited daffodil. No tulips in the back yard because the deer would eat them. Your pictures of the daffodils are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnn - I am in Alaska and have been away from a computer for 4 days! One of the joys, not as great as spending time with my daughter, SIL or granddaughter by any means, has been getting to see daffodils in bloom! They are my favorite spring blossom too.
ReplyDeletePS: Misti is really Pam - Keetha's sister.
ReplyDelete