Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Acts of Kindness

Thanks are in order today to all of you who have commented during April and May. We have achieved our first goal (which at first I though was a pie in the sky idea) of donating enough to send a goat to a hungry family through Heifer International.

I am so pleased that I'm sending the "goat money" off today and will follow that with a second amount at the end of the month. (Before all the graduation celebrations begin.)

In other news, I've finished another "magic hat" and started yet another. Of course, nothing is planted in my garden yet, and now it's a mass of mud after this morning's noisy thunderstorms. Lest you think that I've been working like a whirlwind-----it just ain't so.

I know some retired people are much busier in retirement than they were while they were working, but we are not like those people. Today I have a morning planned with my quilting friends, and this afternoon will be spent with my reading friends. For me that's as busy as it gets.

Actually, I was pretty busy yesterday getting ready for today. But since it didn't entail leaving the house it didn't seem so bad. LOL.

Thanks for your help, all you blogging friends, and thanks to my family---those I browbeat into reading and commenting. We did it!

8 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So glad the comments helped make a difference. You are a special lady Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO happy to have helped with Mr Goat.

    Your day yesterday sounded like my cup of tea. I've done that numerous times in my life and treasure them!

    No gardening here, either. We are watching it SNOW outside at the moment. Looks like about 1/2" so far and it's really coming down. The birdies are pecking in the dirt looking for the birdseed I spread out last night in anticipation of this storm.

    Have a lovely day and I love your new blog picture. Tulips are one of my favorites!

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the goat!! and you sound perfectly busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah! (Once again, this is Pam, Keetha's sister, who is still in AK babysitting her granddaughter & loving it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting all those comments and being able to get the goat. It makes me feel good knowing I helped! I like your "busy" day! Sounds like a great way to spend the day--with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Sister Pam must have commented using her daughter's google account - - - Misti is her daughter and my niece.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.