Mrs. 4444 hosts this clambake every Friday at Halfpastkissintime. You can link your fragment up too if you wish----or if you haven't already done so.
My daughter was quoted as an expert in this article online here. (She teaches at Virginia Tech and is working on her PhD. ( It's an article on the corn syrup/sugar controversy.)
(I have lost parts of this post twice already, and if it weren't for the goal of getting a goat for someone who needs it in the third world, I'd give up and sew instead.)
Enough whining.
I subscribe to a newsletter and blog of a person who is "doing more with less stuff" and she had some links posted this week which I enjoyed. I'm passing them on to you.
Here's some minimalist photography I enjoyed very much. View here.
I'm not a follower of fashion, unless a flannel shirt is a fashion statement, but here's a truly fun idea if you have to appear well dressed almost every day. Project 333 pares down the wardrobe and makes it super versatile.
Have a great weekend and I hope we are done seeing any more s___. Enough is enough.
Please comment. I'm begging.
I always comment - - - begging or not.
ReplyDeleteYep - - - sugar is sugar is sugar. Rather than villainize HFCS, folks should just cut down on their sugar intake.
But that might be too easy for some to "swallow." Pun intended.
If I write a LONG comment, will it be counted as 1 or 2?
ReplyDeleteDepending on how the crow flies we live about 144 se of VT.....We have done work up there, but not for about 6 yrs. Your daughter wasn't up there when that kid shot all those kids, was she?
And as for your other sites for all of us to go to, I will....I love to lurk, so this will give me something to do tonite instead of watching the tv with nothing on it...LOl
Happy Mother's Day, Ann!!
Sandy in NC
I will have to check out the sugar article, not that it matters, I eat too much of it no matter what you call it!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope the s*** is gone for good ...really I see no need for it next year either.
I like flannel shirts too! I kept quite a few of my dad's after he died.
ReplyDeleteYour links are great! Thanks. I especially enjoyed the photography (and I'm linking it up tonight on your behalf--hope that's okay :)
ReplyDeleteRead your daughter's article and wanted to comment but didn't want to join the site, so I didn't. What I would have said was this: So, over a 20-year period, we all got fatter? And it's sugar's fault, not us sitting on our butts on the computer,watching reality tv, or playing video games? Hmmm.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Ann!
Just checkin' in, since we live so far apart. I have to find out what's going on some way!
ReplyDeleteKaren
LOL... you should leave a link in your comment on other people's blogs! And thanks for the curious words you left me on mine, I do love words:-)
ReplyDeleteI thought I had commented on this because a few days ago I read the article your daughter was featured - It's now official - I've lost my mind lol
ReplyDeleteI now want to be a minimalist photographer, sometimes. :) Those were some very interesting photos. I liked so many of them it was hard to choose a favorite.