Saturday, May 21, 2011

Taking Stock

Retired folks don't always have busy weeks. At least these two retired folks don't. But this week GoodGuy went golfing three times, even though two of those days threatened to be what the Irish refer to as "a fine soft day". Freely translated to north Midwestern, that means cool and drizzly.

In keeping with my discoveries while reading the Happiness Project, I made the effort to dress up and get out. So I spent some time with knitters on Monday, quilters on Wednesday, and old friends on Thursday. While at home I worked on a sock in lovely warm wool for my son, the dog walker.

One of Gretchen Rubin's wise sayings advises that what you do each day to enhance your happiness will count more that what you do occasionally. I have been pondering that and have discovered that there are some surprising things that I could easily do daily that would substantially make a difference. Everybody's list is different, and sometimes doing what will enhance happiness isn't fun. (For example: strength training, physical therapy, stretching)

In closing, check out the comment count. Right now there's enough "post-goat" commenting to donate a flock of poultry, which is pretty good. A few more will get us to a hive of honeybees and a lot more will get us to "a trio of bunnies". Now there's a picture!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. More planting is in store here. Now while it's cool.

5 comments:

  1. Will try again to post a comment...Have been having trouble the last few days....I hear Spring is in full swing up in the Tundra..Did I hear it correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooo Hooooo about the comments!

    Ditto about getting out and about.

    Ditto for WARM (er) weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying our pets gives us our shot of daily happiness. Can't believe you don't think strength training is fun . . . we like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the comments. I am also retired and I know what you mean about getting dressed and out and about! I did work on my decluttering this week and did some shopping. hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You are invited to follow my blog" Why, Thank you!
    Sheesh!

    Little annoyances aside - I have agree with you, but I don't have to like it...strength training, PT and stretching. :) It would make me much happier to be more limber and stronger.

    I'm going to have to get that book. You've talked about it so much that I'm very curious. Not to mention that you keep giving such wonderful suggestions from it.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.