Friday, May 13, 2011

Forewarned is Forearmed

I am so besotted with the possibility that Spring is actually here that this may be the only thing on my mind today. (now that Blogger is back up and running---probably.)

We had really noisy thunderstorms several times earlier in the week, and then a warm day which kick-started our flowers, leafing process, and weed production into high gear. On Wednesday when I joined my quilting peeps for a morning of work and laughter, I could see the difference in leafing in the few hours I was there. Honest!

By this time next week we will have lilacs and fruit tree blossoms, and the sound of the bumblebee will be heard in the land. Today, was my first hummingbird sighting. I didn't see him near the feeders at first, but he was darting in and out of the cedar tree in the front yard. Later, while I was telling GoodGuy about that he told me to come and look. There was the hummer, at the back yard feeder. Now he's sitting on the clothesline guarding the feeder from interlopers.
I would say happy spring to you all, but many of you are done with spring already and suffering through summer. You have my sympathy, because I am not a lover of hot weather, but I am surely enjoying these signs of spring. Oh pooh, happy spring, anyway!!

One of my happy memories is of a Mother's Day afternoon spent with my mom finding wildflowers in the woods behind their home. It was mid March and everything was flowering. It was just magical!

So whatever is happening with you I hope it's something you can enjoy and that you aren't getting flooded, or snowed upon, or blown to bits from a tornado. (Can you detect my disaster fatigue?) I hope all is well with you.

3 comments:

  1. I too am HOPING against HOPE that s _ _ _ _ _ is really here - - - - though Eloise popped in today to bring me a couple of geraniums and told me we are supposed to have a FREEZE tomorrow night.

    I'm choosing to NOT believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished watched a Hallmark Channel movie--"Ice Castles" about a skater that was very good and even came back to compete after becoming almost blind. It is an old movie but I never saw it before. I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing that the Michigan weather has been cold and rainy down below. I haven't heard about the UP weather. Hope those lilacs and fruit tree blossoms have prettied up the view!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.