Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Fragments

And I am late to the party once again. I was going to do it last night, but was engrossed in a mystery I was reading. No computer. That is rare, for a book to win out over a chance to visit with you people.

So here I am, racking my brain for a way to compile enough fragments to make a contribution to Mrs 4444's weekly dumping ground/gathering place for random thoughts and bits.

This morning we beat the heat by walking at 7AM, when the temperature here was still in the 60's. Very wise, and very comfortable walking then.

None of Good Guy's golf worked out completely this week. Local golf was hot and he only golfed 9 holes each day, and when he traveled south, it poured. He did visit the Farmers' Market and bring home lots of vegetables, though.

On quilting day, I had only Show and Tell items to bring along, so I ended up knitting about 20 rows on someone else's prayer shawl. I gave myself a lame shoulder in the process, so spent yesterday reading and resting my aches. So soon old, so late smart.

We were disappointed last evening when an hour of thunder and lightning resulted in only sound and fury, and no precipitation. We could use a couple days of gentle warm steady rain. Maybe if I wash and polish my car........

Our "kittens"-------the younger two of our three, have now been with us for four years. Shouldn't they be sedate, adult cats by now? Or is maturity as optional for feline life as it is for homo sapiens.

I have been going to Weight Watchers for a fifth of the year now, and I'm progressing in an orderly and sensible manner, but this morning I'd like nothing better than to be smelling brownies baking and to take them out on the deck and devour the whole pan by myself. I won't do that, but it sounds like my Inner Child wants her own way.

Thanks for checking this out, if you are here from Friday fragments. If you aren't write a post and link up, and meet some grand folks.

10 comments:

  1. Great, now I want brownies for breakfast with lots of nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoorah for moving in the right direction!! that is a good thing!! boo for no brownies. i don't like brownies but i could kill off chips by the bagful :-( also not a good choice.

    i would go for a book over the computer, just because i do love reading ;-) no options like that for me. getting lost in a book means major messes to cleanup if i ignore kiddos for too long ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. bringing home vegetables beats a low golf score - so he made points at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disciplining our inner stinkers is the whole battle, I think; they can be so persistent! Good job staying on the right path.

    I have been trying to get a shot of my favorite tree for weeks now. It's been so very gray or raining every time I pass it...until today. Hopefully, it's a sign of things to come, though it is still awfully humid!

    Have a happy weekend! :) Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I want to know what mystery was so good it pulled you away from us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm way behind, too. Seems that the little tasks build to many these days. Start one and end up with more than you thought. Thus is summer.

    Both your posts are now in my head and there is so much to comment about. Didn't know you had adopted those boys so long ago....how wonderful for them that you DID. Especially then, when acceptance was limited. Growing up in NY state, I was always surrounded by prejudice and people freely using racial slurs. How happy I was to leave in '71 and see a nation that was mixed with colors and ehtnic cultures I had only heard of.

    Like you, I feel that THUNDER is the warning for rain! And when it only teases, it's a cryin' shame! And downright mean!

    Please write a book. I love listening to what you share here, but just KNOW that you have SO much MORE to share with the world. I'd be waiting in line to have you autograph it and say (proudly) I KNOW ANN.

    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. UMami----sorry about the brownies. Mmm, nuts and chocolate chunks in them too.

    Tettelestai---thanks, that's just what I needed, and jones for everything chocolate!

    Lisleman, Yes, veggies are good. Just not quite what I was craving.

    M4s---I've named my Inner Kiddie. She's Libby and she's needing some loving.

    Keetha--the mystery was Embroidered Truths by Monica Ferris. Don't waste your time.

    Jan--Write a book! Are you daft?? Blogging is the only venue I know where one is invited to write in spite of having nothing much to say. I have found my niche.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The brownies are very tempting. Good for you to overrule the desire! Four years isn't really very old for cats--they still have lots of fun energy at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I let my inner child win out yesterday and ate way too many brownies but luckily not the entire pan... haha!

    We've been having a few days of rain and everyone is complaining but I've been loving it. No sun and cooler temperatures make it a lot easier to exercise without wanting to DIE quite so much. Unfortunately we're supposed to have thunderstorms and hot weather this week and I'm not looking so forward to that *L*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this reply "Blogging is the only venue I know where one is invited to write in spite of having nothing much to say. I have found my niche." That is so true for me as well! People tell me that they can't blog because they don't do much or their life is boring - well, mine is too, but there are moments each week or day (just like everyone has) that are blog worthy :)

    At least you admit that if you make the brownies you'd eat the whole thing. I'd make the brownies telling myself that I'll just lick the bowl and give the brownies away. HA! Like that has ever happened.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.