I do have one interesting thing to share with you. I read a recommendation about a book this morning called Run Like a Girl: How Strong Women Make Happy Lives, by Mina Samuels.
It sounds like a good read for women of a certain age----meaning exactly the opposite of what it usually means. I may still be tweaking my life, but don't really plan on marathon running or bungee jumping. Anyway, I digress. Read about this book here.
My other musing this morning has to do with the power of The List. I remarked on this the other day in passing. But yesterday in this heat I needed something to keep me on task. So I had to spend a half an hour in my work room. While there I scrounged up 25 little squares that were languishing in a drawer and I fashioned -------- the center of a baby quilt! By tomorrow it will be fit to photograph, I think. I worked on the current project of the Words Quilt for awhile, too.
What is it about working at a sewing machine and ironing board that attracts a cat? Mine were all gathered around and in the way every time I went in there to work.
I had to fight my lazy, comfort-seeking nature every inch of the way to get out and walk yesterday morning. I need to establish the habit so it isn't a big decision every morning of my life, but the heat is working against me. It's not hard otherwise, except if it's raining, or cold, or hot, or (you get the picture.)
I would be ashamed, if it weren't for the fact that I think I'm normal in that regard. I read that if exercise came in a pill, it would be the most prescribed medication. I'd sure take it.
Wherever you are, stay cool and drink your water.
Well, seems that our pick of books is on the same wave-length recently (see my blog). I'm going to see if I can find YOUR recommended one today. And I'm kinda liking this older thing....takes the pressure off!
ReplyDeleteThere are not 10 things of interest at my home right now either. But your post, as always, makes me smile!
Glad you have thought to walk in the early morning. If I were there, I'd go with you!
Hugs
Sometimes I join my husband when he walks our dog before work. Early morning really is my best time for walking, but it's also my best time for blogging, quiet time and sleeping. Decisions, decisions. I do try to get up early each morning and some days I actually do all these things before heading off to work.
ReplyDeleteIf a piece of cloth comes out of a closet and is placed anywhere other than a dresser drawer, my cat is on it. She loved the laundry on the floor, the folded laundry in the basket, a comforter piled up or a new tablecloth decorating a holiday table.
ReplyDelete