I would not say that this is normal for me. Messy is my middle name, and it has to get pretty chaotic before it bothers me. But I love seeing the room so neat, even temporarily.
Maybe I'll just take a picture of it neat. As an aside, I have still managed to keep my desk uncluttered. My desk in the living room was the "hot spot" for me. The other hot spot is the coffee table which is Good Guy's responsibility until I get mad and clean it up. He never seems affected by chaos----which is nice for me. I wouldn't have to clean much to please him. Unfortunately, I don't have the same level of tolerance.
When we were first married, his mom came to visit and was amazed at the change in his house. I had to laugh, because he had no idea that anything was different. I sorted and pitched and folded for months, and he was clueless. Bless his heart!
But I have made my list of what needs to be accomplished this week, so I'll forge on and trail the vacuum cleaner behind me. We have a break in the hot weather, so I'd better accomplish something while there's a chance. I'm not much good in the heat.
I love that first paragraph, especially (the way you wrote it). Cute.
ReplyDeleteMore than ever, now, I want you to stop by some time--We are two peas in a pod on the cleaning front! :)
My husband is total chaos. When I met him, his house was a disaster. I should have known better - but I thought it was just law school taking over his life...nope, it's the way he is.
ReplyDeleteI can last a long time, too but then I have to dive in and get it cleaned up.
I can understand your reluctance to get your space messy again, but that's fun, too!! Take a picture, that's a great idea!