Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Amazon I Love You

Wisconsin has a goodly number of famous and accomplished quilters.  I haven't been quilting as much in recent years, so there are wonderful new ones I don't even know about.

But during the years when I was quilting a lot, there was a wonderful, funny lady on the Wisconsin quilting scene.  She wrote books, she went on with classes of quilters, and she had the reputation as "a character".  She lived in Madison.

Recently, for some reason, I've been thinking of her more often, regretting that I never got to meet her while she was among us.  (She died way too young.)  Maybe some of her books were in our library.  No luck, so I wandered around in my Amazon account to see if I could find any of Doreen Speckmann's  books..

Last month I found a book of patterns she used on her cruise classes.  They were very vibrant in color and the text was laugh out loud funny.  Today I got another book called Pattern Play, 159 pages of wonderfulness, and I bought it for 88 cents!  Isn't that amazing? 

As cranky as I've been about technology, it does amaze me that I can sit on my couch and search for books I'd love to own and find them as bargains, and that I can download old Chet Baker tracks somehow through the same ether that steals my posts.  I hope that someone who is trying to listen Peggy Lee or Michael Buble is getting jammed up with my blog's postings.  That'd be pretty frustrating.


These are the pink socks I alluded to yesterday.  I think my battery was dying.  One is done and the other is started----about three inches worth.

All clothing for my granddaughter is in shades of pink, or "magenta", her favorite color.  She loves words.

Back tomorrow, God willing.

4 comments:

  1. I love the instant gratification of the internet, but if you combine that with 88¢ for a long lost book...that's just too much fun!

    Those socks are pink, huh? I'm still amazed that you knit socks (or that socks can be knit at all!) Mine have only come from a package lol

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I LOVE that orange colour! Mistake or not, I think it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw on Kristin's blog that you are coming for a chicken salad sandwich for lunch too!!!!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something here to mail you, I will try to get it out soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.