Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful Wednesday

We started this busy day before Thanksgiving Day with my "one month past surgery" check up with my bone doctor.  My x-ray was fine and my function is good.  He urged me get moving and stop babying myself.   What happened to "Don't overdo?"  He just laughed at me.  Humph.

Well, if I'm so able, I'll do some Christmas shopping.  So we stopped at the book store and the card shop, so I can start my Christmas card writing on Black Friday, when others are out boosting the economy.  My cousin, Nikki, spends Friday that way, too.

We had a conversation last night because our next to last uncle left in my Dad's family died this week.  Nikki's dad is the youngest and had just arrived in Arizona for the winter when he got word of his brother's peaceful death, which happened in his sleep, it appeared.  (The best we can hope for.)  The two brothers had spoken on the phone on Sunday, when all seemed well.  My uncle was a happy, good-natured guy and a fine Christian man.  It is always a comfort to feel they are "ready to go".  Even if they aren't fixin to leave.

After the shopping, I got to bake an apple pie and start dough for sweet rolls.  So, I've had a pleasant busy day, and it overcomes the mid-afternoon doldrums.  I've been getting cold and needing a nap in the afternoon.  Today I can have a cup of tea, and write a blog entry.  So my house smells yummy and feels cozy, even though it's getting dark so early.

We must bring the aforementioned pie to dinner tomorrow.  Good Guy is making his wonderful "stuffing" too.  We will have a fun time at my sister's, watching football and visiting with her in-laws.  They are great people and we always enjoy them.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. Your day sounds cozy and relaxing! I don't do black shopping Friday - no way! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't over do it when you pushing yourself! I hear that here with the Mayo patients, too! haha. Well, I'm glad to hear that you are doing well.

    I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost a family member, but so very happy to hear that he died peacefully.

    I'm thankful that you started blogging. I enjoy every word :) Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    Kristin _ The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pie, sweet rolls, wonderful stuffing!!!

    Sounds like it might be Thanksgiving!

    Hope you have a very lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.