Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Rearranger

This little creature is the smallest cat in our house, but causes the most mischief.  She has discovered that by pressing the buttons on the printer, she can cause paper to burp through the printing process.

She also loves to sit on the monitor of the old- fashioned computer while I play solitaire or scrabble, swiping at the "cards" as they are dealt.  Walking across the keyboard, listening for the beeps is fun, too. 

If she gets tense, she rips paper into confetti.  So stash important papers where she can't get at them.

Her latest stunt was ripping the back cover off Good Guy's new National Geographic.  That elicited a stern look, right before he busted out laughing at her. 

She sits and watches me do things, and if I catch her at it, she looks away and yawns, as if to say, "I don't care."  But she is the most curious of any cat I've ever owned, and I'm pretty sure, if she had opposible thumbs she'd work for her allowance.  Her brother just lazes about all day being a Lover, but Bella isn't that affectionate.  She's got a plan, and there's work to be done.  Who turned off the printer?

4 comments:

  1. I am so in love with Bella! What a cute and fun post about an adorable and curious cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rearranger - I love it. My Mocha will rip paper into shreds, too, but only the important papers. She loves to lick photographs, too. It's so much fun living with the fur world. They keep us on our toes! So glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now here's a kitty who knows how to keep herself entertained. Good for her! I used to have a cat that loved it when I was drawing with a pencil on a big sheet of paper - he would try to catch the "string" pencil line as it "came out of the pencil" (or so he thought) ... it was very fun to watch!
    She's a very pretty cat and you seem to be a very patient mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. is that header photo from this year? I wish it would snow where I live. I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.