Monday, November 22, 2010

A chat about Hair

 Oddly enough, I have had a number of conversations about hair, or lack thereof in the past week.  I think it's funny because after months of never even thinking about hair, there has been such an avalanche of chatter about it.  Maybe it has something to do with growing protection for cold weather.  Or not.

Whatever, since I have been somewhat confined to quarters, I personally am in need of a haircut.  That's about the extent of professional care that I seek.  I do want a good cut though, and I want a person who doesn't gossip to do the cutting. 

Once when I dropped our dog off at the Doggy Hotel, Carole said to me, "I love your hair".  (That is so memorable, because nobody says that to me.)  I replied, "What color would you say it is?"

Long pause........Pewter, was her reply.  I laughed.  My hair is thick and plentiful and shiny, but not styled. 
I'm pretty old, and my husband has both white hair and a white beard, so I don't want to pretend I'm a trophy wife.  He's only six months older than I am. 

Nobody was happier than I was when hairdressers started paying a little attention to what your own hair wanted to do when they'd give you a haircut.  Whooppee!   I could wear my hair straight as long as it was cut and clean, it would look okay! 

So, I don't need hairspray, I can wear stocking caps all winter, and I just have to stay on good terms with Saint Sharon, my haircut maven.  Easy.

All of that to say, if you have questions about or problems with your hair--------I know nothing!  I truly can not help.  Ever.  At all.   Honest.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!

    My hair isn't real fine, nor is it thick. BUT it is stick straight. STICK straight.

    In order to have any style or "flair" to it at all I have to have it "texturized" with each cut, keep it well highlighted for the damage, use mousse, blow it dry, use "goop" to put it into place, AND THEN finish off with hairspray that is tough as shellac.

    That's all I have to do - - -

    Oh, and I COUNT my blessings at that for I USED to do a lot more which included a perm and then fighting with THAT every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Keetha, I have stick straight hair. What I want to know is this: why will it not hold any style and yet sticks up all over the place AND STAYS THAT WAY after I sleep on it?

    One of my pet hates is going to the hairdresser. I loathe the whole experience so I have a hairdresser comes to the house who has a wider conversation-base than "Have you had your holidays yet?". She's also quite good at cutting hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get my hair cut straight on the bottom. I have a bit of curl that only comes out if my hair was cut too short. I cut my own bangs and it shows LOL I don't have hair opinions for others. Ever. At all. Honest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.