Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Fragments

Ahh, the relief of dumping a lot of tiny bits of ephemera at the end of the week.  Especially since the idea of coming up with a Subject for a Post, seems beyond my ken at the moment.

                                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone left Sweetie outdoors last night, or she sneaked out when someone went out on the deck for something.  Plus we were awakened at 4 AM by a phone call, with no one at the other end.  Did someone call on her behalf?  She was quite chilly when she came back indoors.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Christmas cactus us trying to bud.  Someone tell me, is this the time to move it to a cooler darker place?

                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is forecasting "what the winter will be like" by El Nino, or La Nina any more accurate than reading the stripes on the fuzzy caterpillers?

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How is it possible to own six different glasses repair kits, yet none of them have the size of tiny screw you need to fix your problem?

                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a good read, I highly recommend  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.   Funny quirky characters, and some history thrown in for good measure.

                                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Projects on the needles.  New yarn and tiny needles----pink socks for Granddaughter.  Leftover yarn and bigger needles-------a winter hat with ribbing and a tight fit to prevent drafty breezes around the ears.

                                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy TGIF!

More Fragments can be found at the hosting site.  That'd be the brilliant but funny Mrs. 4444, of   Half-Past Kissin' Time

3 comments:

  1. Great fragments Ann! Glad Sweetie got to come back in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the screwdriver issue too. It is driving me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet she did call, but was too chilly to say hello.

    I've got a black thumb, I won't answer the cactus question, especially since it looks like you might have some flowers soon. Congrats!

    Kristin _ The Goat

    ReplyDelete

Backtalk is welcome here.