We were never in any danger, as far as I can determine. But yesterday had some unusual happenings. I am not a great believer in astrology, but it helped me understand why there are people who DO.
First off, my e-mail contained a couple of personal messages from people who don't keep in touch by e-mail. My niece is involved in a dog rescue operation and asked if we'd consider doing a home visit to a nearby town. (Hmmmm, it's something Good Guy would have to take care of, or at the very least drive so I could do it.) It seems these home visits should be done by dog lovers. We are only dog-likers.
OK, maybe that isn't Freaky. Just unusual. We consented to do it.
Next up, I discovered that a light bulb had dislodged itself somehow from the front porch light fixture. It lay unbroken on the porch, with the threaded portion still intact in the fixture. How did that happen?
Then, in my e-mail was a plea from a friend, claiming he'd been mugged on vacation in London and could we help them? I e-mailed him from the address I had in my address book, and got a reply that they were waiting to hear from me. (The message wasn't polished enough to have been written by him, so I figured something was amiss. But we'd be pretty far down on the list of people he'd ask help from....)
When Good Guy got up he called the friend to discover him safely at home, and not adrift in the UK. I wanted to e-mail the scammer and tell him/her that I'd just wired a couple grand to bail them out. It would be in the usual place. That should unnerve them a little.
After that I quit counting the odd occurrances. I think maybe it's like the old saying. things happen in threes.
UP weather----cold and windy, no snow. The colors of the day----grey and brown. Dull stuff!
Have a great weekend.
That is a phony e-mail - I got one of those from my neighbor claiming she got mugged and wanted to borrow $2,000 and I absolutely knew it couldn't have come from her.
ReplyDeleteConsumers beware!!!
I was standing next to someone when I got an email from them saying they were stranded in London. We weren't in London LOL
ReplyDeleteSome days are just like that and we should do our best not to buy any real estate, but you might want to buy a lottery ticket!
Kristin _ The Goat
So, did you do the home visit?
ReplyDeleteWhat a weird bunch of events? Sheesh!