Friday, November 7, 2014

A Period of Adjustment

Things are a bit disjointed here, as we discover what TV fare is to be had, now that baseball season is over.  What a revelation, to discover that there are new programs we have never been able to watch!

Some aren't worth watching for the full hour they're on, of course---but that's always the way with TV.  There are some wonderful shows that come and go before I ever get around to watching them.  I have also had shows that I loved bite the dust, in which case I have felt like the kiss of death.

Sort of the way I feel when I go to the racetrack and put $2 on a horse.  I feel like I'm cursing the poor critter to run the slowest it's ever run before.

In spite of the lack of baseball, last weekend was quite a sportsman's delight anyway.  In addition to the usual college and pro football feast, the Breeders' Cup races were run.  I don't care much who wins, but I love to see the beautiful horses.  One morning we went to watch the early morning workouts at Keeneland in Lexington and the horses are real pros, and seem to pose when they see you with a camera.

Last weekend the New York Marathon was run.  Think how many hours and miles of training that race represents!  The zillions of dollars spent on running shoes!  Isn't it mind-boggling?

I feel for wives who feel widowed when a new sports season begins.  If you can't lick em, join em.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Backtalk is welcome here.